Chapter 30 Redux: Lamenting Jester

Start from the beginning

Miyuki: I won't. (makes a fist) I can handle it.

Mint: [I see.] (stands up) [Guess walking around wouldn't be so bad.]

Miyuki: Hehe.

Proceeding onward, both Mint and Miyuki take in a night walk around the city as the luminous street lights has them in awe.

Mint glances over to see the innocent gaze Miyuki has towards the bright display, and reaches over to place a hand on her cheek.

This action causes Miyuki to softly giggle as Mint returns a warm smile.

With that, the two continue onward as the stores are beginning to close for the night.

Mint: [I had fun.]

Miyuki: Me too. I think going out at night like this isn't too bad.

Mint: [Right. I'm surprised that you didn't want to get home quickly.]

Miyuki: Told you, I can handle it.

Mint: [Never going to doubt you again.]

Miyuki: Hmph.

Upon passing a dark alley way, Miyuki is pulled into it as Mint instantly notices and follows after.

Mint looks on in shock to see Miyuki is being held hostage by a mugger at gunpoint.

Mugger: Hand over all your Lien now!

Mint only narrows her slowly changing multi-colored eyes with a glare but hesitates to act until gazing at Miyuki, who doesn't have a single trace of fear in her blank expression.

Mugger: What are you deaf?! I said give me your fucking Lien!

Miyuki: I recommend you let me go.

Mugger: I'm the one making the recommendations, so keep quiet bitch! (tightens his grip)

With that, Miyuki responds with an elbow to the stomach as it causes the mugger to release his grasp. This allows his ex-hostage to create chains which proceed to wrap around the mugger and bind him to the ground.

Miyuki: Told you. (to Mint) Same goes for you.

The teasing joke is met with Mint, who now has multi-colored eyes instead of the usual Emerald Green.

Miyuki: Mint?

Not responding, the mute girl approaches the binded mugger and pulls out a familiar white and pink parasol as she goes for a killing blow in one move.

Miyuki: (stops the attack) What are you doing?!

Mint turns to glare at Miyuki, who rebuttals with a resolute expression as her chains dissolve.

Miyuki: (to Mugger) Harm anyone again, and you will lose this second chance.

Mugger: U-Understood.

Miyuki: Now leave.

Following the order, the mugger cowardly leaves the scene as a tense silence is all that remains between Mint and Miyuki.