39

~ Annalece

I didn't really take the time to think about my situation as I did the moment I woke this morning. The yolk of the sun spill over the horizon- the beachside held a gentle hue of caramel, and the ocean a soft greyish blue. I perched myself on the roof of kukui's home, in the form of none other than zoroark.

I couldn't really change back without clothes- and being wounded has limitted my abilities so illusions were out of the question.

The fundamentals of adoption in this universe have my thoughts quite literally spiralling out of control.

There was a part of me that wanted to stay here, and live out my last year of childhood with kukui-

There was a hole in my heart where my mother's death had pierced me. I remember how badly she wanted me to become a pokemon trainer. I remember all the arguments, and general hell we'd put each other through fighting tooth and nail about just catching a pokemon.

'So...what are you gonna do?'

I move my gaze over to promise, I'd forgotten she'd even tagged along- she doesn't really have a problem with heights, it's mornings she's not particularly fonde of. I guessed maybe she was just worried about me.

I pat her head, smiling back at her in reassurance. "Don't worry about me-"
She interjected almost Immidiately with a hard glare.

'You keep telling us that. Still, we're going to worry.'

My ears twitch anxiously before falling back, as I sigh in defeat;
"Yeah, I guess I do say that alot."
I move my gaze back out to the beautiful sun, yurning to rise amongst the ocean.

"I want nothing more than to stay, and be a normal teenager, but....I can't I have this big inevitable destiny remember? I'm the only one who can stop my father."

Her gaze seems to harden, but flare with determination.

'And we have your back.'

I smile at her, greatful for her pressence before nudging her into my thick mane of hair. "We need to patrol- and then we're training. Today and tomorrow are the last days to- S-SHIT-!!" As I lept over the rooftop I found myself Immidiately regretting it, as I plummeted into the ground.

If I didn't fall on my stomach, I'd have crushed my poor pokemon. But the fall irritated my wound- and left me whimpering like an eevee.

'Well that was graceful.'

Promise pointed out; her thoughts dripping with sarcasm. I sigh, "Sorry, I guess I forgot about yesterday-"

"Annalece-!!" My ears flicker anxiously, and my glossed orbs twitch back at the front door that had been thrusted open. Ash stood there slightly shocked, "Woah was that you? Hey are you okay?"

Pikachu scrambles towards promise, and ash rushes to me. I shake my head flashing a fake smile before rushing to my paws. "Yeah pfft, I'm just fine-!! I was just, uh- I saw an um- i need to go so-" he shakes his head profusely pursing his lips,

"But the professor said you need to heal up-" I shove him away before snarling, "I'm healed up enough-!! I need to go out for patrol."

He tilts his head in confusion. "What the heck is that?" I sigh, "I need to search the island for danger- what if something's happening or someone's hurt out there?"

He purses his lips before retorting back with folded arms. "Well it looks to me like the only one out here hurt is you. So come on, at least try to fit in some breakfast..."