37

~ Annalece

"So they call you the shapeshifter....but since this new move of yours is called adapt, doesn't that Like Make you the Adapter?" Mallow takes a bite of her malasada. Annalece pinches her chin Thoughtfully. "Well, I can also shapeshift- But shapeshifting is alot Different From casting an illusion. And both of those Moves are Unusable if I adapt, or at least to my knowledge..."

"Can you shapeshift into anything?"

"Well I'm not A ditto, So there are Limits reguarding type differences and whether or not it's a literal pokemon...technically There's a fraction of my body containing dna Very similar to Mew-" "Mew?!" "Mew's Mythical-" " A legendary Pokemon!!!" Annalece clicked her Claws anxiously. "Well, Its not really That big of a deal. I have to Keep myself from taking advantage of my abilities. And it's hard balancing out My Mental state, when Half of my brain Contains pokemon instincts and the other half Is Plain and human."

"You're changing too much." Sophocles interjects, computer in hand. Finally, I could only assume he was done analysing my Information, Otherwise he wouldn't have joined in On our pic-nic.

I released my Pokemon, allice was particularly fond of ashes pikachu, but She also enjoyed togademaru's pressence just as much. But Lori has been acting Strange lately.

Out of the corner of my eye I couldn't help but notice The look of guilt and saddness in her glossed orbs when Encountering Mallow's steenee.

I felt my Left ear twitch, and Return back to their conversation. "What do you mean 'changing' too much." He purses his lips before showing me his computer.

I tilted my head in confusion, "Uhh, How's charjubug racing related to my Shapeshifting?" He quirks a brow, before glancing at his computer, and hitting a button anxiously, "Sorry! I meant look at this."

It was A picture of My body. But It was more like a basic X-Ray rather than A photograph. "These Red dots Represent The Mutated Cells Throughout your body." He continues on, "And these Green dots Represent your Regular Human cells."

I nod, not Completely understanding what he was getting at. "Pokemon interbreeding was deemed I lleagal a long time ago, mainly because there Are severe results and outcomes...But you're A living representation- Proof of it Actually working. which meant there Had to be a reason you survived so long..."

"The reason you're still alive is Because of your mental connection to Your human state, if you haven't figured this out by now...memories and thoughts are literal pieces of Your brain. And since the majority of your thoughts contain Humanity, your mental state Has Completed healthy Regeneration in order to keep going."

"But since your body isn't Completely equipped to take on so much power, the more you shapeshift The more of those Thoughts dissapear And the instinctive; humanitiless Part of you starts Taking over."

"I tested your blood to get a better look at what I was dealing with, and I recorded Your Cells being forcibly mutated, In order To gain Extra power."

"Its said that mewtwo was able to take on so much power because It contained the dna of Every existing pokemon in the world. Which is why it was called mewtwo, because mew has the Same Flaw that grants it's transformation ability..."

"But Mew is smaller, and alot More stable than you. And the fact that your Body Lacks the dna needed to perform The power you posess-"

"So you're basically saying the more I change the more I'm starting to become a pokemon?"
He quirks an eyebrow. I shrug, "why didn't you just start with that instead of throw all that Bohemian gibberish?"

He blushes, rubbing the back of his Head sheepishly. "Sorry...."
"In order for you to train...it's going to involve Shapeshifting, and using your powers to their highest capacity. Are you really willing to risk losing your Human side over this mission??"

I hesitated.

My mother was the Kindest, most beautiful and amazing person in the universe, yet she lost Her life. Meanwhile I; a walking Freak of nature, get to spend the rest of my life Living well, and happy?
When she suffered so gravely...
When she suffered...feeling alone..And scared...

I'm supposed to be a hero.

I was supposed to be there.

I was supposed to help her.

But I wasn't there.

And I couldnt.

I clenched My claws into Fists, Tears brimming my eyes. They gave me an awestruck Look, I could almost feel My determination rubbing off on them.

"A hero Is Someone Who is willing To Risk Everything For the sake of Others. If someone else suffers because of my father..."

A tear trickles down my snout, and into the sand. "-If anyone else has to suffer because of my
father...I-I won't be able to forgive myself." I rushed to my paws. They Gave me a prideful look, And honestly I felt prideful.

"I'll do anything To save Anyone I can in this world!!" They Rushed to their Feet alongside me, Sophocles who was already standing, showing us his laptop nods, Closing It calmly before flashing a warm smile.

"Then we'll Help you get Stronger!!" Ash pumps his fist, "Yeah!! We'll show that Jerk!!"
"You'll give it your all!!" Kiawe's smirk made me Blush. "You'll make that Evil man Suffer slowly and painfully for his crimes against Innocent people and pokemon!" Everyone glances over At lana fearfully, she then blushes rocking on the balls of her feet.
"S-Sorry...I just hate Bad people..."

I beam a smile side-hugging Her, "That's Alright Dulce niña-" before I knew It everyone was hugging me. I kept my furry arms elevated at first, blushing at the kindess in my friends hearts. I eased into the hug, merely shifting back which would've been awkward, Without my spare Set of clothes in my bag.

The final test Was Probably The hardest. It was a major suprise, and Highly unexpected. Sunday morning I woke up To Lana blowing a whistle in my ear, and kiawe Questioning why I slept on the beachside that night.

Let's just say I didn't feel like tidying up that horror Show, the aftermath of a hybrid's meltdown Is quite the sight to behold if I do say so myself.

They prepared an obstacle Course, literally all the way across melemele. Each of my Friends basically planted themselves as literal parts of the course, I'd need to work With my pokemon to get through them, and I'd only just Recently recruited my Moms Milotic Onto my team, along with her Dragonite. I found The fact that milotic's Scales were Shiny pretty Ironic. I couldn't believe How many shiny pokemon I attracted somehow. Again I could only assume it was because I myself was shiny, and maybe The pokemon could sense that, and it was like some sort of Charm.

Anyways I'd have to Use My adaption to my advantage in order to get through specific Parts of the obsticle course.

Kiawe Flew me To the red-flag Using charizard which was probably the scariest thing that's ever happened.

He claimed In order to get through this obstacle Course I was going to need to fly at some point. So I found myself Worrying over Which Pokemon I could shift into, And Which part of the course I should use adapt on.

Since adapt Drains my powers, I could only use it up to eight times, and there were fifteen different parts of the obsticle course I was going to need to run through.

At the Beginning Me and my pokemon Stretched, our bones crackled and popped throughout that. I was really glad I managed to fit in some indurence training the night before while I was on patrol. So far my mother's pokemon haven't exactly warmed up to me, and dragonite insists on visiting my mother's grave.

But honestly I just Couldn't do it.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
A/N: I plan on making the obsticle course like Really descriptive so I had to leave you guys on a cliffhanger. To those of you questioning dragonite go back and read over Maria's file, coz I changed Charizard to dragonite because the fact that Kiawe himself already had a charizard, and Annalece having one too would be to cliche, anyways I hope you guys enjoyed, thanks so much for reading! XOX see you next chapter!

~Void