18

~ Annalece ~

"W-Well I uhh, ummm...it's just. I think...I'm..." before I could finish I felt promise leap onto my shoulder. She waves her paws, slightly losening the tension in the conversation but not completely thawing it out. "You're having an illusion, this is all a dream." I face palm grabbing promise by the tail, "way to make thing more awkward little buttmunch." I scoop her up into my arms.

"We should get back now, it's getting late. I think that concludes our Treasure hunt for today, this wasn't exactly what I hoped would happen but hey; at least we've learned one new thing that we didn't know yesterday." Olivia sighs, patting me on the back for reassurance, but the shock on kukui's face never quite slipped until we finally got back to the Stoutland stables.

When we got back I was quickly embraced by mallow, and to my suprise; the rest of my friends had done the same. "Im so glad you're okay!!" Squeals mallow, "you too promise." Ash gives promise a scratch on the ears, and allice ran over to pikachu blushing but they rubbed tails so; I guess they're happy now.

The entire way back I stared down at my feet in sorrow. I couldn't exactly grasp the concept of kukui just staring at me like that.

Does he..see me as a monster? Does this mean I'm...like...strange in his eyes now? I'm sure he's connecting the dots- especially considering my disappearances-
As we walk right now.

When we got back to the cabin, everyone had gone to sleep. Not me. I scurry alongside the outside; hands gently grazing the walls.
My breathes hitch, and eventually I scrambled away through the woods.

Luckily there was some sort of beachside and it was there I allowed Myself to shape shift; and lay back and allow my shiny coat to obsorb the moonlight.

I knew this very moon I'm staring up at right now, my mother would be gazing at as well. through the small window in front of the sink in the kitchen; doing the dishes alongside her Cute little clefairy.

I wondered if it'd wind up evolving while I was out.

I thought about the strange pokemon I had found in those cages today, and wondered how they wound up in the clutches of those sadistic pokemon hunters.

I especially thought about that vulpix. I had never seen anything like it before. How strange is it that I always end up encountering The pokemon with odd colors? Although I wouldn't quite call them odd...I guess you could call them unique.

Maybe sense I'm shiny, I have a greater chance of attracting shiny pokemon, but there's no real way of telling.

I close my eyes, and imagine myself...as a normal girl.

Some normal alolan girl in an alternate universe, with her Cute little zorua prancing around the grass together playing pokemon tag. I thought of combing its hair and making pokepuffs side by side.

I couldn't help but smile.

But then, darkness appeared.
I saw her, caged. Taken from me, crying out for help. I couldn't shift so, I couldn't leap in the air and catch her. I couldn't shift, so I couldn't chase after her faster than the speed of light.

I couldn't shift so...

I couldn't save her.

Soon I felt someone's presence blocking the moonlight. I opened my eyes, fear ridden and wild.
It was...professor kukui?

"The moon looks Really beautiful on the horizon line at this time of night. Sometimes pokemon even swim to the surface of the water to Watch together." He takes a seat beside me. Shock blowing me away but relief still washes over me.