Chapter 11 - Lack of Afterglow

Start from the beginning

"No. I will text you my location."

I hung up immediately, without a word of goodbyes. After sending my location, I waited for about 15 minutes until I saw their car pull up next to me. I walked around to the passenger side, getting in and placing my seatbelt. Thankfully, they didn't say a word. They simply drove, which I was thankful for.

I stared out the window, thinking if I should go ahead with all of this. How am I to face him now? Act like nothing happened? Act like that boy did not just take me to a sexual heaven. I then thought back to my Gran's words. I know for a fact my mother wouldn't have wanted this life for me, regardless of who did her wrong. But how do I just let go of all that pain, all that suffering I had to endure from not having her beside me?

I rubbed my forehead, sighing deeply while tapping my foot on the car's carpet.

"Want to talk about it?" I heard Benji next to me.

"Not really. I just made a poor decision tonight. I made a mistake that could cost me a lot." I spoke desolately.

"How do you know it was a mistake? Have there been consequences already for your actions or are these consequences merely thoughts at the moment?"

"Merely thoughts, but I know it will soon come into play."

"There is no point holding onto something that hasn't happened yet. You will be too busy worrying about what's to come, that you will miss what's right in front of you. And for all you know, what's right in front of you could potentially change your life for the better."

I sat staring at the road ahead of us, not replying to his words but listening none the less. After some time we made it back to the apartment. I thanked Benji for his help, hugging him tightly, before heading back upstairs. As I entered the apartment, I could hear Abuelita moaning at the television screen. I couldn't help but let out a small chuckle.

"Mija, is that you?" Her sweet voice sounded.

"Yes, Abuelita. Do you need anything from the kitchen?"

"Just a glass of water, querida (darling)."

I took a glass of water to her, placing it in the table beside her. I told her I was headed for a shower but she caught my wrist to stop me.

"Mija, you seem troubled. Is everything alright? Does this have to do with your father?" She spoke softly.

Well, indirectly speaking, it does. I shook my head before replying to her.

"No, Abuelita, I am fine. Just a little tired. I need a relaxing, hot shower and some rest." I kiss her upon her head before heading off towards the bathroom.

I begin peeling off the clothes, thinking about how my hands mimicked his actions from 2 hours ago. I hopped into the shower, leaning my hands against the wall as the hot water hit my back. Eventually, I washed up, washing my hair in the process. I stepped out of the shower, wrapped a towel around my body and used another for my hair. As I opened the bathroom door I heard the doorbell. It's probably just Benji, I'll let Abuelita get it while I get changed.

Just before closing my bedroom door I heard that husky voice, a voice I never expected to hear coming from my front door.

"Hi Mam, I don't know if I've got the right apartment. I'm looking for Sierra."

Shit, shit, shit. I need to make an excuse. Maybe I could mention to be living with a friend and Abuelita being related to them.

"You've got the right apartment, darling. My granddaughter is just in the shower." I heard Abuelita's sweet voice sound.