End Flashback

"It makes more since that you kept flinching every time I touched you. It really hurt to see you like that... To see you react to my touch like that." Laxus lays his head against my bed and stares at me. "You told me that you trained with a incredibly powerful mage. You never said he abused you."
I flinch at the word.
"He didn't abuse me. It was just tough love. He just wanted me to become stronger." I say defensively.
He grabs my hand and pulls me closer. He tugs up my sleeve and looks at my shoulder. His eyes look into mine as his fingers trace the lightning shaped scar. It was about two inches long and an angry pink color.
"That's called abuse, Y/n. What did he do? Cut that into your skin? It looks like he used a knife." He whispers, still tracing my scar.
I cringe, remembering the bite of the knife. He did that after every training night. Mark me, mark my achievement with my blood and skin. I pull away slowly and pull my knees to my chest.
"It's okay. It reminds me of what I've accomplished. If I wouldn't hav-"
"Stop." Laxus interups, covering my mouth with his hands. "You didn't deserve any of this. That isn't a war scar, Y/n. That is horrible. Are there any more scars?"
I nod slowly and he lets go of my mouth. "Where?" He asks, his eyes already searching.
I shake my head again and start to get up. "Another time, Laxus. I can't do this right now." I whisper.
His arm shoots out and he grabs me. He pulls me down beside him and turns me to face him.
"You don't have to tell me right now, but I need to talk to you about something too."
He looks straight into my eyes, almost peering into my soul. His face pulls into a look of remorse.
"It's about when you left..."
I nod and settle down next to him. "I've been meaning to talk to you about it, but something always came up. We've been pretty busy these couple of days." I tell him, giving him an encouraging smile.
He takes a deep breath and exhales through his nose.
"I'm sorry... For what happened between us. I didn't mean to hurt you." Laxus says, his eyes pooling with tears. "I-It felt like I was the reason you left. Because of what I said... Because of what I did."
I grab his face and wipe away his tears. "I know it's hard to believe, but me leaving had nothing to do with you. I wanted to tell you before I left, that's why the timing was like that. I'm sorry if you thought that." I whisper to him.
He frowns and a fresh wave of tears start trailing down his face.
He clears his throat, "When you handed me the note... I didn't actually throw it away."
My eyes widen and my hands freeze against his face.
"You didn't?" I ask, remembering what happen that day.

Flashback 2

My legs trembled as I try to gather enough courage to go to Laxus. I take deep breaths and exhale through my nose. I start to take small step and find him alone in the corner of the guild. His eyes were closed and his headphones where so loud that I could tell what song he was listening to. I breathe and reach out to tap his shoulder. His eyes open and he smiles at me. 
"Oh! Hey, Sparkles. Do you need me for something?" He asks, pulling his headphones off.
I try to find words and all I can seem to do is nod. He frowns at me and sits up.
"Do you want to go somewhere else?"
I nod again and walk out the door. I lead him to a park and sat on a bench. He sits next to me and looks at me concerned. "What's wrong, Sparkles? You're kinda scaring me..." He says, nudging me with his elbow.
I take a deep breath and tears start to run down my face.
"Laxus, I think I love you."
He stares at me shocked. (Lmao, get it. Laxus= shocked) He snaps out of it and pulls me closer.
"Why are you crying then, Y/n? I love you too." He says, leaning in to kiss me.
My tears start to flow faster when I raise my hand to intercept his kiss.
"That's why I'm crying." I whisper, turning my head away from him.
He looks at me confused and tries to grab my hand. I pull it away. His eyes narrow and his mouth sets into an angry line.
"What's the problem? Is it Natsu? Gray? Do you love them too?"
I flinch at Natsu's name.
"I don't know... I don't love Gray like I love you. Natsu too. Gray is like my brother and Natsu... I don't know. I just wanted to tell you in person." I say, pulling myself off the bench. "Here, read this when you get home. It will explain better than I can."
Laxus stares at me. Then he grabs the note and crumbles it. He chucks it into the trash and turns to me, furious.
"What do you mean, 'Explain better than I can?' Tell me right now. Tell me now why you can't accept me." He asks, stepping to me.
I flinch and take a step back. "I can't, Laxus. I can't."
His face goes blank and then settles into a sneer. "You know what? Screw you. I don't even give fu**. Have fun screwing around with Natsu. This really shows me where actually caring for someone get me."
I flench at his words and tears start flow at a steady pace.
"No, Laxus. Y-You don't understand..." I take a step closer and he pulls away from my reach.
"Like hell I don't understand! Just get the hell away from me, you bitch!"
My vision goes cloudy and I run towards home, not caring to look back at the boy I thought loved me as much as I felt for him. If I had look back, I would have seen him grabbing the note from the trash, tears flowing from his eyes too. I would have heard him calling out to me, calling out for me.

End Flashback 2

Laxus excuses himself, as he get up from the floor and heads out my bedroom door.
"I'll go get the note." He tells me.

He comes back with a crumpled peice of paper in his hand. He hands it to me and I run my hands along it's rough edges.
"Wait, Laxus. It's not even open!" I exclaim, looking at him in shock.
He smiles and rubs his neck. "I never opened it because I wanted you to explain in person."
Tears fill my eyes as I open my letter to him.
"It was never meant to explain what I told you. It was supposed to explain why I left. You were supposed to know where I was going."
His eyes widen in realization and he takes the note from my hands.
"Why didn't you just tell me?" He asks, reading my sloppy handwriting.

Dear Laxus,

   I'm giving you this note to tell you why I left. It's not your fault and it's not really anyone's but my own. I need to find my necklace. You know how much it means to me. Don't worry, I'll be back in less then a year. It'll be okay. I'll be heading north, where it got stolen. Then I'll slowly work my way south. Don't come after me.

Love you and see you soon
Your Sparkles
Y/n

P.s.~ Throw this away after you read it and don't tell anyone else.

He looks up from the note and shakes his head at me.
"You know how much this would have helped if I would have read it. I would have went after you. We could have gone together. Why didn't I read it?"
I frown and shake my head.
"I asked for you not to follow. You know I would have never let you come with." I tell him. "You should have read it, though. I couldn't believe you threw it away!"

"Oh, come on! I grabbed it after you left... I was so angry, Y/n. After years started to pass, I got even more mad. I wasn't even angry at you by then. I was angry at myself."
I look at him confused. "Why where you mad at yourself?"
He sighs and looks at me in the eyes.
"You were the one that got away, because I was the one that let you go."

A.N~ Dang, straight up tea right there... 2436 words and now Y/n's past is becoming clearer!