Chapter 22

My prom dress was pretty simple if I do say so myself. Not to fancy or anything. It had ruffles at the top and sort of a belt right under with a silver star in the middle, and it stopped just below my knee caps. And of course I had my leather jacket on to hide the tattoos. The only ones who know about them now are Lil, Jasper, and Carlisle.

Bella's prom dress, of course, is the same purple one with her sneakers. Haha, she ain't the only one.

"Dammit Clary! Why?! Would it have killed you to shake the Converse for once and wear heals! And that leather jacket! AGH!" Alice complains with a pouty face.

My eyes narrow. "Yes."

She huffs with a pout and goes to stand next to Alec.

Bella stood next to Edward watching the whole display with a pained expression. She just went through the whole thing with Alice, even thou she picked out the dress. Bella came down before me.

I turned to Lil. "Now, you need to be good for Grandpa and Grandma, okay?" She nods.

Lil had started calling everyone Aunt and Uncle and of course Grandpa and Grandma. She wasn't calling Jasper Uncle, so it made me suspicious. That little devils got something up her sleeve.

I smile and give her hug. We all head to our cars and drive to prom. Jasper and I get into his truck while everyone else got into their own. Me and Jasper decided to go as friends. Yes, just friends. Shut up.

It didn't take long to get there with their speed -ok, my speed too. So we made it to the high school in five minutes.

Forks highs employees sure did an ok job on the decorating. The school didn't look half as bad as it does without the decorations. Hey, what can I say. Schools are bitches.

We all piled out and made our way in. At the front, we each had our picture taken with our 'dates', or friend in my case. I made sure the dude sent the picture to my email.

The inside was bursting with life. Music pounded and I could feel it vibrating through my body. Everyone was dancing, laughing, talking, and having a good time. Lots of food was spread on two large tables and four punch bowls sat at each end.

I sniffed. Yep. They were defiantly already spiked. I wonder who -cough, cough.

Jasper grimaced. "Don't drink the punch."

I nodded. "No problem." I wasn't much of a punch person anyway. But I wasn't about to let him know I already knew it was spiked. I am a undercover ninja, and I can not be found. Mwhahaha.

We talked with Emmett, Rose, Alec, and Alice for a bit before they went off and danced. Not much of a dancing type, we decided to head outside.

The air was cool but didn't bother me much, especially with my jacket on. My phone was in my jacket pocket and it bounced against my hip as I walked.

Taking a seat on one of the benches, about 150ft from the gazebo, where you could see Bella and Edward talking and dancing. We stared up at the starry night sky for a while in silence. It felt like some kind of cheesy scene from a romance novel. Shudder.

"So are you going to tell me or--" Jasper trails off and I sense him shift to look over at me. I keep staring at the sky.

"Maybe," I mutter.

He sighs and puts his hand over mine, lifting it up and pulling back at my jacket sleeve. I swallow thickly but don't stop him. I feel tears start to prickle in the corner of my eyes. I quickly try to blink them away.

"Why?" he murmurs tracing the scars on my wrist and the tattoo that curled around my whole arm.

"I'm not exactly who I say I am," I murmur back. A tear slips down my cheek before I can stop it, and Jasper reaches out with a cold hand to wipe it away.

"You don't have to tell me. I don't want to push. But I have a feeling that's what I've been doing," he replies, looking down. I can feel his guilt, so I know he means it.

I swallow thickly again and look at him. My hand still in his. My other hand reaches out and my finger touch his chin as I turn him to look at me. I sigh.

"No, I probably should have told things a lot sooner but I-" I cut myself off as my eyes widen and shoot toward the second floor window. My hand drops and I shoot up, pulling Jasper along.

"Come on, maybe we can cut her off in the parking lot," I say as I hurry down the path.

"What? Who?" Jasper goes into solider mode, scanning the area.

I glance over my shoulder at him as he finally meets my gaze, shocked. I nod my head.

"Victoria."