Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Of course, I doubt Jasper would follow my suggestion about living a little. But I know I sure as hell will listen to me. That would be the reason why I am at the Cullen's right now waiting for Bella to come over with Edward. I'm also-not really-helping cook.

I laughed evilly as I slid down the stair case railing and flew across the house to hide. Emmett came thundering down the stairs a few minutes later.

"You'll never catch me alive!" I cackled.

"I doubt that! They don't call me a vampire for nothin!" He calls making me snicker.

Ya? Well they don't call me a witch for nothin either, buddy boy. Not caring how much it was called cheating, I turned a corner and turned myself invisible. Ha, try and catch me now.

I walked out and right past Emmett looking like I didn't have a care in the world. I stuck my tongue out at his back and flew up the stairs. I entered the kitchen and took a seat on one of the stools, watching as Carlisle and Jasper chopped vegetables. Rose and Alec worked on the salad while Esme did plates and things.

"Clare!" Lilith screams. "Help me!"

She comes bursting up the stairs and runs behind Jasper as Emmett comes up with an evil look on his face as he scans for Lilith.

"Oh were, oh were, did Lilith goo!" Emmett sings in a voice that's suppose to be scary. I snicker quietly and his gaze snaps to the chair I'm sitting at.

"Hm." He mutters before walking farther into the kitchen.

"Emmett please. Bella's going to be here any minute. Find Clarissa and stop chasing her cousin." Esme scolds.

Emmett rolls his eyes. "Mom, Clare-Bear'll show when she wants. That girl is more scarier than any vampire I've ever met." He shudders as Lilith comes out from hiding.

Esme gives him a look. "Fine, then help set the table." She says and gives him a few forks and plates. He sighs and heads to the table.

I grin and head down the stairs to were they can't see me. I become un-invisible just as Edward pulls in with Bella. I grin and hurry upstairs.

"Their here!" I squeal happily. Emmett gives me a look of mock shock and surprise.

"Oh mi gosh! Did the famous Clarissa Pretzel actually act like a girl?" Emmett gasps, trying to imitate my voice-horribly I should say-and I glower him.

"For five seconds, yes. Now Emmett, I'm going to give you five seconds to run. Run." I say in a deathly silent voice.

Emmett's eyes widen as he realizes what I'm saying and moves at vampire speed towards the stairs. He moves past Edward and Bella with an excuse me and pounds down the stairs.

Bella looks at me and Lilith in surprise. "One..Two..Three..Four..Five!" I sing loudly and hurry past Edward and Bella and down the stairs.

I find Emmett quickly outside and tackle him to the ground with a yell. He screams and I can't help but burst out laughing. I roll off him and roll on the ground holding my sides.

Emmett glares at me, then smirks. "Your going to ruin your jacket." He says gesturing to my black leather jacket. I yelp and stand quickly examining it.

"Don't you ever take that thing off?" He questions.

I swallow. "Yes." I say, my voice strained. I move and make a bolt towards the house. I hurry up the stairs, my combat boots loud as I run.

"-we're going to be great friends." I hear Alice saying as I enter the kitchen.

All heads turn towards me and I smile slightly as I head over and pick up Lilith, standing next to Jasper. I glance over at Bella and she looks at me confused with hurt. It immediately makes me feel guilty. I'll have to come over to her house later tonight.

"Clarissa?!" She asks and I nod. "Who's that?" She asks looking at Lilith.

"She's my cousin. Lilith, but we call her Lil." I lie easily and Lilith waves shyly.

Bella nods. "Well, I'm going to show you the rest of the house. Come on." Edward tells Bella and puts his hand on her back and pushes her lightly around the corner.

I grin and a few people let out breaths. "He wasn't kidding. She does smell good." Emmett mutters making me turn around and slap him with a glare.

He pouts and we all burst out laughing. Now, let's get this story movin!