Chapter 10

Chapter 10

After a few minutes of arguing of who was going to drive, I finally won. I grinned happily as I hoped into the drivers seat and Jasper got into the passengers seat. Still grinning I started my truck and headed down the narrow drive of the Cullen's and up onto a hardly able to see, dirt road that lead to my house.
Which was of course out in the woods. Don't need anyone to find me, and I defiantly do not want the crazy people of Forks knocking on my door. The can like go stalk someone else.

It was silent as I drove through the wooded area; though it wasn't a really awkward kinda silence, and I could help but wonder what he was think. Of course it was possible for witches to read minds but I didn't really like to 'invade people's privacy'.

It would pretty awkward to if I suddenly knew what he was thinking, I mean I'm trying to get their-ok mostly Edwards-attention toward Bella so the story can gone; but much a happier and hopefully less painful because I'm gonna do something about those Serbian parts and a certain New Moon.

"Clary." Jasper's voice brought me out of my thoughts. I glanced over at him and than back at the road.
"Ya?" I asked. He paused for a moment as if not sure he really wanted to ask me the question. Which I just sat and drove patiently for him.

"How....how long have you know everything about us? How long have you even know anything about us?" He asks.

I frowned and thought for a moment. Was I suppose to lie to him and tell him it was just obvious with the pale skin and eyes; or the truth that I've know for about a year-which I haven't even been here long enough for it to be a year so that would be kinda weird.

I bit my lip and um'ed.

"Well, a long time I guess, to both of those questions." I say after a moment of the um.

I see him nod at the corner of my eye and can feel his eyes on me as I turn down the long road that leads up to my house. He seems a bit taken aback and surprised when we pull up to my darkened house. I park my truck up near the house on the driveway and we sit in silence for a few minutes and I take my keys out of the ignition.

Honestly, I had no idea what to say. Sure I knew a lot-ok mostly everything-about him and the others but I never thought on what I would say once I met them. Jeez, so much for not thinking things over; ain't I smart.

"Um," I start. Brilliant Brianna, just brilliant; wait my names Clary. Oh whatever, no one can read my mind and I'm not use to Clary anyway.
"I guess I should go, and uh, you to." I say. Oh ya, like that was any smarter.

Jasper gives a small smile at my horrible attempt to make small talk.

"Yep." He said but none of us moved.

Finally I gave up with a sigh and reached down making it look like I was grabbing for something when I was really producing a piece of paper. I hand it over to him and he glances down at it to see my phone number. I glances at me and raises an eyebrow. I shrug.

"Hey, I need friends. And You and Emmett seem like the only 'siblings' who actually like me. I mean I know Rosalie has a problem but doesn't hate me and Alice is just to bubbly." I grimace; she was going to be the death of me. "Besides, I like you and the rest of the kids at school are a bunch of idiots. Well, beside Bella." I say. He nods and gives me a smile. I open the door and hop out.

He follows suit and we meet at the front of the truck. I grin.

"Later, Whitlock." I say and walk toward my house; leaving him pretty shocked as I make my way inside. Poor, poor, Jazzy. I couldn't help but grin.