Chapter 15

Chapter 15

"How old are you?" I ask as I drive to the Cullen's and glance over at Lilith.

She swallows. "Eleven."

Ah, I was close.

I had changed my appearance back to my normal colors and glamoured the scars. Lilith had been shocked at first, thinking I was a fairy like her. But once I explained to her I was a witch, she realized who I was.

I had been to the Seelie court many times so I knew the king and queen that ruled there. When I had met their daughter-who sat next to me in the passengers seat-it had only been brief and a few times.

"So their really beating you?" I ask softly making her flinch.

She nods. "Yes, six years now." She says looking out at the darkness.

I frown as I turn down the road that will lead me to the Cullen's. Six years and she's now eleven. That means she was five years old when the abuse started. But nothing had ever seemed off. Maybe it was all an act.

"But, your parents always seemed proud of you and loved you." I say as my frown deepens.

She shake her head. "It was all an act. They despise me and are probably thrilled that I'm gone. They'll probably be coming up with an excuse to what happened and pretend to cry their eyes out." Lilith fumes.

"Well, you always got me now." I say giving her a small smile.

She looks at me, her green eyes twinkle. "Thank you. For everything."

I shrug. "I would never have been able to leave you. Not after-" Tears well in my eyes and choke them and my words down. I swallow. "Anyway, remember the story, 'k?" I ask as I pull up to the house.

"Of course." She gives me a strange look and I come to a stop.

We unbuckle and head up to the door, letting ourselves in as if we own the place.

Lilith looks around in wonder as we head to the upstairs living room where I sense everyone to be.

"Hey guys!" I chirp happily as I lean against the wall and cross my arms.

Lilith stands extremely close to me and gaps at them. Her eyes widen as she takes them in and the Cullen's frown at her and me.

"Wow! I can't believe mother never showed me a picture!" Lilith explains quietly as she spits the word mother.

"Who are you?" Rose asks when no one speaks.

Lilith swallows. "Lil." I say glancing down at her and nod.

Lilith nods. "My names Lilith. I'm Clare's cousin." She says quietly.

"So your related?" Rose asks and I nod.

"Not to be rude but, why is she with you?" Esme asks curiously.

Lilith tenses and grabs my hand tightly.

My face hardens. "Her parents aren't the best of people. So, she's living with me." I say firmly, leaving no room for discussion.

"Does she know?" Alice asks and I nod.

"She's fine. She's like me." I say.

"But what are you?" I hear Jasper mutter but I ignore him.

Emmett glances outside. "So I can-" I cut him off and glare.

"No. Emmett." I say as Edward enters the room with, "Who is-?"

He stops when he sees Lilith clinging to me. He narrows his eyes and looks at me.