Chapter 14

Chapter 14

My cloak still covering my face I turn to the girl. I'm about shocked out of my right mind. The girl of about 10 looks back at me with the same light green eyes and black hair. I frown.
What the heck?!

The girl looks over at me with a frightened look on her face like I'm gonna hurt her next. I shake my head slightly and throw back my cloaks hood, reveling my face. I shake my had to fix my hair and look down at her.

She gasps and her eyes widen. I haven't changed back to my real hair and eye color so she's probably thinking how the heck is it we look alike.
She looks me up and down but her gaze lingers on my face to the left. There's a long scar down the side of my face, it goes from just above my eye down to my neck.

Ya, I can thank some kids from school about that.

I had a few scars on my neck also but I had all this covered with a simple spell ever since I got here.

"What's your name?" I ask when she doesn't speak. She swallows.
"Lilith." She says quietly. I frown slightly when I see something shimmer faintly behind her back.

"Lilith. Lilith. Lilith." I repeat a few times. Why does that name sound so familiar?
I glance back at Lilith and make a floating torch appear next to me in the air. Lilith's eyes widen slightly I swore I saw a flash of recognition flash through her eyes before she glances back at me with fear.

She try's to back away but only ends up hitting a wall. I sigh and grab her arms lightly, looking at them with the light of the torch. She only struggles for a moment before giving up.
I take the time to look at her arms and body. She was bruised and bloody from head to toe. She seemed to be on the road and was very skinny with torn clothes.

I sighed again and pick her up. She makes a sound of surprise and try's to struggle again. I hold her tightly trying not hurt her and wave my hand near the torch, making it disperse.
It would seem really weird to be walking around with an abused child and a floating torch. Anyone who was out would think I was a witch-which I am but they don't need to know that.

I took a few steps before we disappeared and appeared in my house. The light automatically turned on and I say Lilith down.

"Oh Goddess!" I screech as I take her in with much better light. Lilith looks down sheepishly and I start pacing around fiercely.

"OhGoddessohGoddess!" I repeat as I pace. "What the hell! I'm going to be real pixie dust if she finds out. Oh Goddess!" I rant and turn to Lilith.

I walk over and plop down next to her. She flinches as I stick my hand out as if I'm going to smack her, but I only grab her face and turn her to me.

"Lilith, why? What the hell?" Lilith just looks at me sadly and gestures to her body in its beaten state. I frown and cock my head.

What the heck is she trying to tell me?

She sighs and tears well up in her eyes. "Please don't make me go back!" She cries.

I suddenly let go of her face feeling as if she just slapped me.

"Oh my friggin Goddess!" I say. Lilith looks at me.

"Please." She begs quietly and bursts into tears. I pull her into a hug being carful of her cuts and bruises.

"I promise. Your not going anywhere." I say. Great, now I just need to come up with a damn story to why she's going everywhere with me. Could my life get any worse?

Sadly, I spoke to soon.