Chapter Two: Back To Work

The next morning I woke up to see my gym bag packed so I quickly got up, and made my way to the kitchen. Let's go Law we have to be on the road so get some sweats on, grab you a tank top, lace up your Nike's and make sure you wash up because it's gonna be a long day said Naomi; I quickly went back to bed and put my pillow over my head, and started counting sheep. I hear a loud bang and cold ice water being poured on me! I'm not playing with you boy get up now! I quickly got ready when we made it to the football field I seen coach brown standing in the middle of the football field I seen Bear was the last one to make it to the football field. When his whistle blown it was nothing but drills even though it was our summer break we only had a few weeks then it was back to camp for us so coach brown wanted to get a workout with us before we head back to campus. After our morning workout I seen some of the high school players jog on to the field some were shocked to see us on the football field due to all the media hype, and national championships but we explained to them that we may have graduated from high school, and went off to college but every summer were back here doing drills with coach because he taught us about brotherhood, and family. Always remember that through all the wins and losses the game will eventually stop but family will always keep going. Coach Singleton pulled me off to the side so I could meet a familiar face it was my brother Xander he's and his mom Courtney just moved back to Greenville so he could be around family. I also found out that he's too good for high school he's about to start college this summer so coach Gillis wants to me to get a few reps In with him, and Chris. So your that good huh,? Xander rubbed his hands then smiled I may be better than you fam, I sighed and chuckled to myself your just like your pops kid, I only gotten better because of him. So why didn't you win the heisman yet? Trust and believe by the end of this season I will have the heisman trophy and another national championship under my belt and if you get the chance to start at quarterback you better not only win a game you better make it to the playoffs! He smiled then started getting ready for practice. When practice started I decided to stick around, and check him out and i must say he's very good but not better than me. So that's your brother said British yes that's Xander he's a very solid in the pocket but I see that he can run just like dad. Brit asked me do I think he can make it out the south side? With my help he can go as far as he wants. We both walked off the football field together, when I made it back to the house I noticed my dad's black Cadillac in the drive way when I walked in the house I seen him sitting at the table with Angelina. Hello son. I looked at my Angelina she gave me the head nod to acknowledge my dad then I took a seat he brought up Chris being at the combine today and how good he looked I leaned back in the chair then asked him what do you want, Angelina got on to me about my attitude but dad told her that he wanted to congratulate me on staying in school and not chasing after the money like Chris. He got up from the table, then walked over to the door before he could leave he apologized for being a selfish father to us, he sees that Angelina was the only one that has forgiven him he wishes that me and my other siblings would put the past behind us so we can be a family. He opened the front door then left, how long are y'all gonna keep doing this to him Angelina said angrily to me I told her why does he want to come back now! Mom is still in a home, she hasn't been herself in four years, Chris is at State, Naomi is moving to New York, Vanessa is growing up way to fast, were all growing apart Lawrence and we need to come together! That's what mom would want us to do. Well that's to damn bad Angie life goes on we all have to go our separate ways. She walked up to me and slapped me across the face, then pushed me into the chair. Now you listen to me I'm the only one who stuck around here and kept this damn family together, I have made sacrifices for all of you and for once I ask for something you all become selfish! That ends today so from here on out when I tell you to make a move you got that, if not I promise you there will be consequences and repercussion! Angelina backed away from me, and went to her room. I never thought I would see the day Angelina would go off on us but I guess it has finally happened.