Chapter 27 Redux: Petaling Snow

Start from the beginning

Y/N: R-Right.

Ruby: Ya know, I used to really hate it when Yang would talk about going on dates but I can kinda get what makes them all so fun now.

Ruby: I owe it all to you, Y/N.

Y/N: I-I didn't really do anything at all.

Ruby: Don't be like that, if you hadn't said it I probably would've been way too nervous to ask to go on a date myself.

Ruby: Speaking of which, before we head back home I want to take you somewhere.

Y/N: O-Okay.

The couple both move onward to the next date destination.

Ruby: Here we are.

Y/N: (eyes sparkling with joy) S-So many sweets~

Ruby: Heh, I knew you'd be like this. Did I make a good choice or what?

Y/N: (practically drooling) Oh, most definitely!

The two enter the shop as after getting an assortment of sweets, they're both seen at a table enjoying their choices.

Y/N has varied sweets mainly consisting of small cakes and pastries, while Ruby has a small bunch of cookies.

Ruby: (noticing that Y/N isn't eating) Not hungry, Y/N? You got so many sweets I was for sure you'd be eating them like crazy.

Y/N: I don't want to eat that way when I'm around you. (looking down embarrassed) It would only make you think I'm disgusting.

Ruby: Don't worry about that. You actually look pretty cute like that.

Y/N: D-Do you really think so?

Ruby: Of course.

Having the go ahead confirmed, Y/N begins eating all the sweets in her usual fashion as Ruby simply smiles.

Y/N: Itadakimasu!

Ruby: It was no problem.

Y/N: You understood that?

Ruby: I've been studying Mistralian a little during my time. (giggling) Impressed?

Y/N: Y-Yeah.

Ruby: I've noticed that you only speak like that when sweets are involved. How much did you use to speak Mistralian in the past?

Y/N: Only when I used to live in Mistral with my parents, I had to transition to English once we made it to Vale.

Y/N: The language classes were difficult but it got me to how I am today.

Ruby: Heh, either way your voice is so good to hear.

Y/N: (blushing) Watashi o karakau no o yame nasai.[Stop teasing me]

Ruby: I didn't understand that at all, but I can take a guess.

Despite the embarssment, Y/N takes notice of something as a mischievous smirk forms on her face.

Y/N: I guess since you're having so much fun teasing me, I'll just eat your strawberries.

Ruby: (as Y/N takes a bite) Hey!

Y/N: Hmph. (turns to her with a warm smile and holds a spoon with a strawberry atop it) I'll let you have the last strawberry, if you promise to stop teasing me for five minutes.

Ruby: Deal.

With that settled, Y/N feds Ruby the fruit as her silver-eyes lightly sparkle from the taste and sheer joy from the experience.

Ruby: Best deal I've ever made. (continues to enjoy the treat while Y/N giggles)

After exiting the store, the couple could be seen heading back to Beacon Academy as the two head inside Y/N's dorm.

Y/N: (lying down on her bed) That was so much fun.

Ruby: (lying next to her girlfriend) Can most definitely agree with that. We should try and go on a date more often.

Y/N: Really? Y-You want to go out with me more?

Ruby: Duh, going out and being around you is fun. Especially since I get to tease you the whole time.

Y/N: (pouts) Hmph.

Ruby: See what I mean. Now, where should we go on our second date?

Y/N: I'm not sure. Winter season will come in soon, so we'll probably be stuck inside Beacon Academy for awhile.

Ruby: Hmm...A sleepover date wouldn't be too bad an idea then.

Y/N: But you can already sleep in my dorm.

Ruby: Wait, really?

Y/N: Mmhm. I mean we've already slept on the same bed together before. Just make sure to let me know a little bit in advance.

Y/N: I want to make it really comfortable for you.

Ruby: You don't have to worry about that with me. This room is plenty comfy enough.

Y/N: Heh, but still it's only right to treat my girlfriend.

Ruby: It goes both ways.

The two cuddle with each other in silence until Ruby suddenly speaks up.

Ruby: Y/N?

Y/N: Mmm?

Ruby: W-When you inversed, did it hurt?

Y/N: Not really. Why do you ask?

Ruby: Because if it did hurt you, it would've been all my fault. (holds her Ruby's hand) I was too weak and it made you despair.

Ruby: You've been helping us out all this time but whenever we need to help you, it never works out.

Y/N: But that isn't true at all. I've learned so much from being here, and have made new friends that helped me change from how I was before.

Y/N: (remembering her past) I used to sleep in that apartment room all day, rarely going outside to get food and find Grimm work in order to pay rent.

Y/N: The only emotions I've ever had at the time was self-pity and emptiness. But now I have so much that I thought I'd never have back again. (as Miyuki in her invisible mode embraces her) And I owe it to you, Ruby.

Ruby: I wish you wouldn't give me so much credit sometimes. I try to act like those cool all-knowing heroes in the stories, but deep down I'm panicking.

Ruby: Back when your aura instability was attacking you, all my worries about you just came rushing out.

Ruby: I wanted to help you, but didn't know how.

Y/N: But you did. I heard your voice and it finally made me fight back against my pain.

Y/N: (smiles) You really did save me that day, Ruby.

Ruby: Y/N...

Y/N: (eyes turning to lovely pink with her hair turning white) I love you.

Feeling the romantic tension, Ruby leans in and kisses Y/N as the two continue to make out.

They part to catch their breath as Y/N holds Ruby in a warm embrace.

Ruby: I love you, Y/N.

Y/N: (lightly stroking her hair) Love you too.

The couple then proceeds to fall asleep in their blissful embrace.

Chapter End