"We are not over." The Defy fall

Start from the beginning

My eyes instinctively turned to find Damien.
I found him where i left him, but this time we both were looking at each other.
I smiled, trying my best comforting smile.
He smiled back, the corners of his mouth turning up accentuating his eyes.
His hazel eyes.

TIME SKIP:
We were now done taking out as much stuff as we could.
Cameras, lights, mics, some other stuff.
Practically all that we could.

Now was the time to party.
Shayne brought in some booze. Court and I arranged the music. EDM of course. It was a disco night at Smosh today. Ian, Damien and Matt arranged pizzas and a nice cake.
Since i don't drink, I settled on some coke. So did Damien and some other people who avoid alcohol. We all were busy handling others.
There were some drunk actions, some drunk and emotional speeches, some drunk dance and mostly 'I love you so much bro'.
God, these people can not handle their liquor.

At around 9:30, we decided it was too late. Since only 7 of us were sober enough to drive, we practically shoved others in our cars and dropped them of.

Driving back home after dropping off everybody but Court, I recalled my last encounter with both Damien, and Jacob.

"So it appears Smosh is really happy with this shut down." I heard Jacob say behind me while I was buckling up Courtney to the passenger seat.
I HAD to see him now.

"Actually, yes." I snapped. Its enough from this asshole now. I can yell at him now. I am not under his mercy anymore.
"I am stoked. Its so pleasant to breath freedom after that stench of your office." I heard myself say.

His expression was now more frightening than ever, but I don't care anymore. I am not bending anymore.
"You do realise that Defy is coming back right? That day Smosh will again be under Defy." he said, gritting his teeth.

No. Never.
"I will make sure that day never comes. And if it does, there will be no Smosh for you to take under." I said and slammed Courtney's door.

He turned back and walked away.

"Did he bother you?"
I turned back and found Damien walking towards me.
I turned again and saw Jacob looking at us, still walking away.
"No, he was just making some noise so I had to shut him down." I turned back to Damien and eased my anger.
"Well, that would be the last of it." he said, looking over my shoulder at him.
"Yeah, you are right." I said.

His eyes returned to me and we stared into each other for a bit.
I wish this moment never ends.
"So, I guess I will see you soon." I said, returning back from his endless comfort.
"Yeah. I guess." he chuckled and for some reason, we hugged each other.

It felt so good. So warm and protected.
For a moment I forgot about Jacob, about Courtney behind me along with others, about this awful day, about everything.

"FucK Defyyyyyyyy." Courtney yelled. Coming back suddenly from the flashback almost made me loose control of the wheel.
"Court! What the hell."
"fUckkkk deFFFFyyy." she yelled at my face.
I laughed.
"Yeah, fuck defy." I said.

After dropping Courtney off, I drove back to my home, picking up Pebbles on the way.
Back home I took a bath, had dinner, turned off my alarm and slept. This indeed was a tiring day, but its ok. Some compensatory holidays are coming.

NEXT WEEK:

Even in absence of beeps of my alarm, I woke up on time.
Stupid sleep cycle.
I have been struggling with it for a week now.

A week has passed since Defy shut down.
The community is going crazy, media is speculating stuff and I haven't seen another human being in a week.

We all decided to take a week break from all this drama to relax. To lament.
But today that week is over.
Mom was calling me home for the week but Pebbles needed me here. Everybody else went away though.

We all are holding a meeting at Ian's home today. Some people will be there early to shoot a vlog of raiding his house, but after that that we will figure out what the hell are we supposed to do now that, now that Smosh's existence is in danger.

TIME SKIP:
"Send me the video Court, I will edit it." I said settling down on sofa between her and Olivia.

Almost everybody was here now.
Before coming here, Ian and I made some decisions and I am just hoping people understand them.
I know I am not anyone to do that, but he needed a support.

"Alright people, everyone here?" I heard Ian ask and noticed that Matt was finally here too.
"Yup." Matt answered, bringing down his sunglasses.

"Ok, now that you people have taken the risk of giving me the control of Smosh, I have a few suggestions, and I hope you all will see my point of view.

Before anything, I want all the married people or people living with parents or sole earning members of family to put up their hands." and he stopped.
I knew exactly what he was doing and I was proud of him to make this choice.
After a moment or two of light commotion, hands started shooting up. Most of them were from the crew, but Noah too had his hand up.

"Ok, sooo. I want all of you to know this decision is as hard for me as it would be fir you to process, but at times like these i only can think practically.
You all are a part of Smosh and will always be, but right now Smosh can not pay anybody. I do not want that to affect your families. I want you people to start or look for a secondary source of income."
He paused for a bit, his eyes shooting up in question. But nobody told anything.
Kevin was the first to break the silence, "are you throwing us out?"
Niice. Way to put it Kevin.
"No. I am not firing any body. I am just saying to look for temporary projects which will support you all till Smosh is back on track." he explained.

With some more explanation, this decision was finalized.
But now the problem was that most of the fam was out and rest of us had to maintain everything.
"Now to the shoots. Courtney, Shayne, Damien, Keith, Olivia, Noah. I don't think we will be putting out much, so one day a week should be good. We will shoot 3 videos for the week and then y/n can edit them over the week."

Ummmm
"Ian, I know you dont need it now and not to add on top of all this, but I alone cant edit 3 videos per week. I can only do two."
"You can't?" he asked with a slight disappointment.
I felt my heart sinking at this but I just can't.
I am a fast editor but even with the most advanced program i can edit only 2 videos per week.

We can not involve other editors because they all need stable source of income.

"I know some editing. I can help." I heard Damien say.
We all were looking at him in surprise because none of us knew he could edit.
"How do you know how to edit?" I asked him. We have to see the quality too. Quantity isn't everything.
"I took a short crash course for a personal project." he said shrugging his shoulders.
Really?!!!

"But i cant animate. I only know basic editing." he added.
"And main smosh videos hardly need any animation." Ian said with such an enthusiasm that I almost laughed. I would have if it wasn't for the surprise of Damien editing.

"Resolved then. Damien and y/n, you both will be editting. Is it ok for both of you?" Ian asked.
"Yeah."
"Yup." we both said simultaneously.

A little more than ok maybe.
God this is going to be tough.