24) Truth To Be Told

This was their last time and last steps within the settlement. It was such a big deal that the settlers denied that they were leaving, but they hoped that they would come back soon.
"Thank you all."

Now they set for the Good Land, going south as they always did. As they kept walking, Jihyo and Nayeon were at the back as thoughts of their journey in the past came back.
How did it all start,

Well—it was all because they stole from the warehouse. The journey would not happen without them. The Good Land would never be on their minds and their friends... Yes, their friends who met on their way.
They would never exist to them, in fact their lives would be stuck in one desolate place if they never met.
They were their light, a way to find the truth together. To do this they must be honest staring with their repressed guilt.

The warehouse.

They got to a place where it was surrounded by trees. It was a quite a shaded area which was perfect since the sun was blazing out to hug them.
"Let's rest for a bit." Momo suggested as she sat and leant on a tree.
As they sat down on the cold grass, they decided to stay for a few minutes to let their feet rest. They had a long journey ahead of them; for Jihyo and Nayeon, they had a lot of explaining.
This was the time.

Nayeon pulled Jihyo closer to make sure that no one could hear them speak.
"There's something that's bothering me, I can't help but to think that we're in this position because of that stupid warehouse steal." Jihyo could see the guilt in her eyes, the same could be said about herself. Jihyo gripped the girl's hand and nodded.
"I know it was our fault, but it's time to tell them. Our guilt will be relieved, don't worry."

Nayeon shook her head, "What about Sana and Jeongyeon? They fought because of that chaos, we lied to them. To everyone." Her eyes glanced at all of them, their faces were glowing with happiness, how could they ruin this now?
"If we want everyone to trust us, we must tell the truth. Plus, Sana and Jeongyeon won't do anything." Jihyo chuckled.

"They could hurt us or kill us. Even better if they tie us up and leave us." Nayeon said monotonously.
"Let's not go that far. I'll start."
A lot of things went into Jihyo's mind, more importantly was what Nayeon said.
What will happen after they tell them?
Will they see it as an act of betrayal?
Or will it be an awkward encounter?

What she didn't want to have was Sana and Jeongyeon hanging up on them. That's a scary scene to be in.

"Can I announce something?" Jihyo spoke out to the group.
"Sure, I was wondering what you two were talking about." Jeongyeon laid back and gestured to keep going.
The others seemed to be interested listened very carefully.

Eyes piercing like arrows, they weren't harmful, but Jihyo felt that when she spoke her friends will instantly turn on her.
"I want to address something that me and Nayeon have been keeping."
Chaeyoung cheered, "Ooh! I hope it's something juicy."
Jihyo paused as everyone was staring at her. She gulped down her nervousness (as well as her guilt with it) and took a deep breath.

"Can you promise that you won't get mad?" Jihyo said, her voice shook.
"I guess." Momo said uncertain if this was a good idea, "Should we be concerned, are you okay?"
"Please, it'll be better if you all stayed quiet." Nayeon snapped.

"When I told you all about how we got here, the journey was long. Yet we left something out... something that we should have told you before." Jihyo lowered her head.
"Where is this going?" Sana crossed her arms unknowingly.
Nayeon panicked, "We were the ones who stole from the warehouse!"

Most all seemed to be confused on how they should react, but Jeongyeon, Sana, and partially Chaeyoung felt hurt. They lied.
"It was... You." Jeongyeon scoffed.
"So it wasn't Sana, nor was it a random person. It was the two of you." Chaeyoung sighed, "I don't know if I should congratulate you two or..." she stopped.

"Chae, I think we should leave it up to them." Mina grabbed her hand and pulled back.
"You lied." Sana lowered her head.
"We're sorry." Nayeon faced away, avoiding the guilt and those eyes that now looked very dejected.
"It's that why you broke me out of jail?" They saw Sana curl her hand into a fist.

"No..." Jihyo quietly said.
"You did it out of pity, shame and especially you did it because you were guilty. Seeing me take your place in that jail... you couldn't help but to help me. Why? Because it was your fault that I was captured!" Sana raised her voice, the volume booming.

"We didn't mean it to happen." Nayeon whispered.
"Of course you didn't! But you can't control what happens, because of you two I'm stuck in this mess!" Jeongyeon exclaimed as she pointed directly at them.
"Jeongyeon, you can't mean what you say." Dahyun spoke.
"I perhaps you don't know who I am fully, Dahyun. I always mean what I say." Jeongyeon growled that felt so menacing.

The two girls, Nayeon and Jihyo, so silent, it served them right as Sana would say.
"Blame us. I get it, you're hurt. Don't you think this is better than staying in the Outsiders? Don't you think this is the most fun you've had since the Incident? Well—I think it is." Jihyo smiled.

"What point are you trying to make, Jihyo?" Tzuyu asked.
"I'm saying is that; our journey; our lives just needed a spark to it."
"You've lost me." Momo said.
"Without stealing the warehouse. Jeongyeon wouldn't send Sana away to jail and this wouldn't have happened.
We wouldn't meet Chaeyoung in the woods, Dahyun in an abandoned building, Mina and Tzuyu's gun point and Momo who we haven't seen for so many years."

They didn't notice it before, but Jihyo always had a smile when she explained. The sincerity in her voice gave them hope and dreams that they could live up to.

"I'm begging for you to forgive us. For all of you." Nayeon clasped her hand together.
"I'm pretty sure we will, but I don't know about them." Mina pointed to the three girls.
Chaeyoung smiled, "I forgive you and all, just I never thought you two would do such a thing."
Now it left two girls.

"Sana, Jeongyeon. I think we're waiting for you." Momo urged them, themselves not wanting to talk.
Yet, something within them resonated. The excitement of this adventure, the secrecy of The Good Land. It was all fun and games, but it this was their journey none of which they couldn't do without their friends.

Jeongyeon relaxed her body and struts up to Jihyo. She reached out her hand on her shoulder, before anyone knew she grabbed Jihyo by the collar, skating vigorously as she spoke.
"You!" Jeongyeon hissed, the others tried to pry her off. It didn't be working at that time.
"I can't believe you... you fooled me."
After she let her go, she let out a small chuckle.
"No one ever fools me. You two never fooled me. You bested me, I applaud you."

Nayeon and Jihyo looked at each other very confusingly.
"You're not joking, are you?" Dahyun asked.
"No. And to answer your question Jihyo; I do think it's better than the Outsiders."
They saw her wink and felt relieved in some sense.

Sana rolled her eyes and sighed.
"We don't have all day, Sana." Tzuyu smiled.
The girl unfolded her arms as she looked straight at them.
"To be fair, I would have gotten into jail myself anyways. Why... did you save me? You could have left, not cared, but you went the extra mile." There was a sudden change in her voice.

Jihyo nodded, "Like you said, we were guilty. The only way to repay our mistake was to get you out. I'm sorry that happened though."
Sana placed her hands on their shoulder, reassuring them, "I guess it's done, you've done a lot to get us here."
"Does that mean..."
"I forgive you, but next time we do things together, okay?" She held out her hand.
"Of course."

Then that time, those girls became closer than ever. Happily and sympathetic, they listened to each other; some even told their stores; others felt comfortable to be with them.

Jihyo declared a rule:

'Everyone should be honest.'