7) I Didn't Lie

"So that happened." Jeongyeon nervously laughed as she looked at the others. She was telling the story from what happened last night.
They continued with their travels with now the new girl.
"At least we won't get lonely." Nayeon lighten up the mood.
"Maybe our food will deplete quicker." Sana scoffed.
"What is your name?" Jihyo asked the girl.
"My name? Oh... it's Son Chaeyoung." She replied.
"What's yours?"

"I could tell you, but someone will get mad at me." Jihyo looked directly at Sana.
"Minatozaki Sana, Im Nayeon, Park Jihyo and the girl I don't care for." Sana pointed at each girl and walked faster.
"It's Yoo Jeongyeon." Jeongyeon corrected.

Chaeyoung walked up to Nayeon.
"Is it always this tense?" She questioned.
"Pretty much."
No matter how much they traveled it always resulted in a disrupt usually with them two, Jeongyeon knew she would give up and confess the truth by herself, but of course Sana didn't do anything practically she had no part in this at all.

Nayeon and Jihyo kept quiet through the whole time, they didn't want to say anything. It would mostly jeopardise the whole journey, either Jeongyeon will get mad and leave or Sana will get mad and leave. Or even both due to their personality.

That will only leave Jihyo, Nayeon and Chaeyoung, they don't know anything about her only that she lives alone in the woods.

"So Chae?" Jihyo started.
"Yeah?"
"I was wondering, how did you get here?"
Chaeyoung smiled and began to spoke, "Ah. You want to know why I'm just living here alone."
"I mean, you had to live somewhere other than here." Jeongyeon joined in.
The short girl nodded her head.

From where they were, they didn't seem to be getting somewhere important for a while. Chaeyoung knew that they'll be with them for a long time, maybe she can actually talk to one of them.
"A day after the power went down, I was in the dining room and my parents were trying to call our family members, but of course the services were down. A few police guards were coming towards us.
They said they wanted me, my parents refused to give me away. So they used force, trying to get to me whilst my parents tried to protect me.
I stumbled back into the garden and the only voice that I heard from my mother saying, 'Run! Run as fast as you can! Run away from here'!"
That's when she paused, everyone glanced at each other as they listened.

"Are you good Chae?" Nayeon asked.
"Yeah... I ran in a straight line south till I found that tree house, that's when I made it my home."
"How do you survive with food or water?" Sana asked.
Chaeyoung paused.
"I went back after a few days, I was scared, but I wanted to go back. When I arrived my parents were... lying on the floor. Dead." She shook her head.

"So you grabbed your things and left with your family picture." Nayeon said as she recalled the lovely picture she saw.
"It was the only thing that kept me going, kept me sane, kept me alive."
Once again, everyone felt awkward in a way they didn't want to say anything to hurt her or make it worse for herself.

"At least we'll be going somewhere without danger." Jihyo said.
"Speaking of somewhere, where is that?" Chaeyoung inquired.
Jihyo and Sana looked at each other again.
"I mean, if it's personal then I won't get into it."
"No, it's just that we don't know where this thing is." Sana responded.

"Then what is it? Your box thing seemed important, is it to find the place?"
The group didn't want to answer, overall they actually had no idea where it is. The transmitter seemed to be the only thing that will open it, but how?
They were now coming up to another lake, following it till the end.

"I trust you guys if you know where you are going, you seem like good friends to each other." Chaeyoung smiled, but one of them chuckled.
"What's so funny Jeongyeon?" Sana followed her eyes on her.
"Nothing. I was just laughing that Chaeyoung called us friends." She chuckled once again.
"Aren't you all friends?" Chaeyoung looked at them confusingly.

"We all are, except for her." Sana pointed straight to Jeongyeon who looked ever so mad.
"That's cute coming from a thief." She teased her, trying to make her sound more friendly towards her.
"I told you, I didn't steal from that warehouse."
"Most people saw it was you and your companion friend who left you." Jeongyeon stopped in front of her.

"Back off!" Sana slightly pushed her to the side.
"Who told you to touch me?!" Jeongyeon came back and grabbed her shoulder.
"I did, now back off before I knock you out!" Sana shook her hand off.
Chaeyoung, Nayeon and Jihyo felt something is going to happen, something bad.

"Whatever you say, thief."
Before Sana could react, Jeongyeon already punched her causing her to go down.
"Jeongyeon!" Nayeon shouted.
Sana wiped the blood that was pouring out of the right side of her lip, just a few drops.
She slid her bag away and stared at Jeongyeon.

"You are weak for someone who always gets into trouble." Jeongyeon scoffed at her, this only was the beginning.
Sana tackled her down, catching her off guard and balance.
The both of them were now pummelling each other on the floor, with kicks and punches.

The group stood were overwhelmed by the fight they've witnessed— well, Chaeyoung was amused she hasn't seen a fight like this for 5 years.
"Uh... Jihyo?" Nayeon looked at her friend.
"I don't know how to stop a fight!"
"We can keep watching it then." Chaeyoung laughed through the whole way, making actions just like she was in the situation herself.

Sana and Jeongyeon were already up and grabbed each other's shoulders. Jeongyeon was the strongest out of the two as she kept pushing Sana towards the lake. Sana kept struggling and tried to push back, but she was too weak.
"Jeongyeon, you have to stop!" Jihyo shouted, but she didn't listen and kept pushing Sana.
"Jeongyeon! I said stop!"

It was too late, she already pushed Sana into the water. Drenched and humiliated, Sana stood up flicking the water off herself and went to get her bag.
Nayeon ran over to Sana who was carrying on to walk South.
Jeongyeon chuckled to herself, on the other hand Jihyo wasn't impressed.
"You never know how to stop, do you?"
Jihyo continued to catch up with the others whilst Chaeyoung was with Jeongyeon.

"This journey is going to be a long one." Chaeyoung sighed.

-

This is where Jeongyeon and Sana fought, I think there's a lake nearby

This is where Jeongyeon and Sana fought, I think there's a lake nearby. I don't know I'm just taking these from Google street view.
😂