𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞

──────༺♡──────
𝐧𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏𝐬𝐭 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟔
──────༺♡──────

Third POV

Her face was shadowed as she curled herself into Harry's side, her head nestled deep into his neck, her soft, steady breaths fanning warm, sweet air across his skin. They lay in silence, the room illuminated by nothing more than a single lamp beside the bed. A gentle breeze whispered through the open window, the curtains billowing into the room with each gust. They had not spoken since Kass received a call from the police officers on her situation, their silence heralding nothing more than a long, firm embrace which spoke all that could be said until they could find a moment alone. Their legs were intertwined where they lay, her body sinking into the soft bed as she rested on her back, one arm trapped beneath Harry's head, the other hand laced with his which rested on her stomach.

"Are you ready to talk about it?" He asked into the silence, his whispered words seemed so loud as they were swallowed by the room. A deep breath was expelled against his skin as her body shifted next to his, but she didn't remove herself from him.

"You can talk to me," he said softly.

"I know" she whispered, "I just don't know what to say." Her words were slow and melancholy, a vast contrast to the way she had spoken before the phone call, she had been light, and bubbly, and full of laughter most times she would fake it when others were around, others which needed to believe the charade she was putting on.

But he could see the sadness in her eyes, the life was taken from them, the light which shone so bright behind the startling blue was snuffed, and all that was left was sorrow.

"I just feel so sad, all the time," she mumbled. Harry's hold around her tightened and he shifted her head to place a gentle kiss on the top of her head.

"Why are you sad, my love?" She shrugged against his body. He ran his thumb over her knuckles, "tell me."

"So much had happened, so much has been said and the damage is already done and the aftermath is worse then I imagined it to be. I cannot keep this up for much longer Harry." She said vaguely, but he understood the meaning behind her words.

She was tired. His poor Kass, his sweet, innocent angel, who had nothing but love and respect to give to the world, was tired. Tired of being beaten down, tired of being called things she was not, tired of being paraded around the world like a circus animal.She had just found out who were the owners of the server and the officers told her who had ordered those men to vandalized her house. The news broke her and destroyed her jolly self. A person can only wear a mask for so long and Kass's mask was slipping.

"Tell me what to do love, what can I do?" Harry begged. He felt so helpless, she promised that all he needed to do was hold her, be there for her, love her the way he has been doing. But as she laid here, her frail body curled into his for shelter, he felt completely useless. She shook her head against the crookedness of his neck.

"I don't know Harry!" she whimpered.

There was silence once more.

"You didn't have to come," she said eventually, but her actions negated her words as she pressed herself further into his side, the arm around his waist tightening around his body, the other still tucked beneath his back. The arm which lay beneath her neck shifted, and he twisted his hand to run his fingers through her tangled hair, gently teasing out the knots and twisting the strands between his fingers.