"I know you came here because of Thunderstorm's intel." Solar didn't bother to mask his disgust.

Quake's eyebrow arched. "How so?"

"Don't you think I know? I'm the element of intelligence and light for a reason. I would know if you were going around asking us all to come back as a team, and my answer is no."

"I'm not asking you people to come back as a team. I'm asking you people to work together before Earth is deep-fried in alien oil."

"Elaborate."

Quake sighed, deciding that this would be the most annoying reunion he's ever had to deal with. He explained everything, how he received a threat six years ago, how Retakka threatened to colonize the Earth once he'd stolen all seven elemental powers, and how they were all targeted one by one.

He was so damn tired. He'd went out to find Cyclone first, but ended up running into Ice, then Thorn, then Blaze. Now he found Solar, but Thunderstorm was uncontactable. If that Pikachu ended up being the first death, he wouldn't be surprised. At most, he'll just meet him on the other side and kill him the second time himself.

The moment he was finished, Solar wasn't even listening. He was on his phone, scrolling through his social media as if Quake didn't just tell him the fate of the world that ends in flames.

Quake was going to blow a fuse, but Solar looked up.

"Do you really think that the threat is real?"

Quake frowned. "What?"

"Quake, Retakka was killed fifteen years ago."

"Then who sent me that threat...?"

"Easy," Solar grumbled, his fists clenching. "The same person that led you here."

"Thunderstorm," Quake muttered.

* * *

Thunderstorm planted his boot onto Thorn's wounded chest, his expression stone-cold, blood dripping down his head and arms. He held his sword out, the blade inches away from Thorn's face.

"You destroyed the only thing I cared for... Now I'm going to destroy you!"

He plunged the blade down, but the blade only hit air, because Thorn had been retrieved by Solar before any tragedies happened.

Thunderstorm looked up, his head craning to the corner of the house that Solar was hiding behind.

"You can run, but you can't hide."

* * *

"When the team broke apart, I've never seen him so hysterical before," Cyclone admits, bandaging Thorn's burnt arm. His eyes were set on the bandages, otherwise they would see the guilt in his eyes. "He didn't say, show or do anything, but I think something inside him snapped that day."

Quake had no words, but his gaze spoke thousands.

"I don't think he recognizes us," Solar spoke up. "As you said, Thunderstorm grew up too fast. When he grew up, there's pieces of adulthood he didn't pick up; he's still a child at heart, always looking for someone to blame for all the bad things in his life. We argued and broke up, and now he sees us as the villains that ended the only thing he cared for."

Solar looked down. "He's been waiting all this time to finish us all at once."

* * *

Thunderstorm clutched his head and screamed, tears rolling down his cheeks. His blades clattered to the ground as he fell to his knees, completely ignorant of the scorching debris around him. The fires were dim, but the smell of smoke and blood lingered in the air.