The Bet

Lightning wished he hadn't taken that godforsaken bet. Now he's dug his own grave into the pits of hell. What could be worse than being stuck on a love ride with that motherfucking narcissist Light?

This was what happened. Days ago, Light accosted him during his training. The guy was lucky he hadn't got decapitated yet.

Lightning wiped the sweat off his brow. "What do you want?"

Light smirked. "I have a bet for you."

It only took half a second for Lightning to deduce his answer. "Not interested. Fuck off."

"Even if it means for me to literally fuck off for the rest of the month?"

"I'm interested."

"Okay. So there's this girl who keeps asking me to be her boyfriend. If you lose, you'll have to pose as my girlfriend and listen to me for the month. If you win, I won't get in your way for a year."

Lightning froze. What kind of a sick bet is this?

"Why not ask Earth?" Lightning scowled. "Or anyone?"

"As far as we know, they're occupied."

Lightning shuddered internally. Earth had Ochobot, Kaizo and Fang trying to get on his romantic radar. Fire was dating Sai. Water was completely uninterested in romance. Wind and Leaf were too oblivious for it.

He turned around. "Go ask someone else. I'm not taking it."

"Oh. So you're scared?"

That snapped a trigger. Lightning got his face into Light's so fast you didn't even have the time to take a picture of them practically kissing.

"You're on."

Light smiled in triumph. "You. Me. Target practice. Whoever destroys the dummies the fastest wins."

Earth was called into this for no reason. Mainly for the dummies he created. This was a match completely in Light's favour, but Lightning didn't know that. He just needed Light to screw off and bother someone else for once in his life, so he accepted his bet and took his chances.

Besides, how bad could it get?

Earth created two rows of earth dummies. "Don't go overboard!"

Light flexed his glasses. "You're going down."

"We'll see about that." Lightning summoned his sword.

Lightning wasn't aware of Light's capabilities. He rarely fought with him. So when he charged at the dummies and finished them in two seconds, Light destroyed all of them under a second with his optical blast.

As a result, Lightning had Light at the wrong end of his blade. This wasn't fair. Lightning specialized in frontal assault and hand-to-hand combat. Light was more of a marksman. The downside to Lightning's fighting style was he can only take down one target at a time, even if he's using his lightning for a speed boost.

But even so, they had made a bet. Lightning was forced to respect and obey it, which meant a month of wearing girls' clothes and posing as a girlfriend.

"Where – where did you even get these?" Lightning held up a yellow shirt and dark blue short-shorts. He tried not to look flustered. "I'm not wearing this!"

"It's part of the bet! We're going to the park!"

"Say what?"

"She won't believe me unless I bring you," Light elaborated, ushering the electric manipulator into his room. "You better be done in five minutes!"