Not Who I Am

He was born incomplete, while his counterpart was born too complete. On his back was half of a demon's wing, while the other was born with an angel's and a demon's.

Fang glanced at the brunette. It was visible that he was hiding something. Something big. Something important. Something celestial. He could tell by the way he carried himself: a silent gesture of serenity and judgemental power.

If his gut hadn't sealed the deal before, Boboiboy's behaviour certainly did. He always had a healing factor that no one was able to decode or interpret, its regenerative abilities similar to Fang's. Perhaps a little too close for comfort, but it solidified his theory.

The only question was: what was he?

Coming from a long line of fallen angels, Fang had learned to hide, to obscure those that didn't make him seem human-like. He'd always thought he was alone on Earth, but apparently not.

Angels can't sense demons and demons can't sense angels, so Boboiboy had to be a demon. Despite this, he seemed inexperienced. He didn't know how to mask his aura just yet. Fortunately, those who surrounded him were humans, whose scent masked his growing one.

When Fang met him, he could tell that he was definitely a celestial being. Boboiboy wasn't powerful in a godly manner, but as a hero, he was a force to be reckoned with. His elemental abilities surpassed his celestial traits and gifts by miles to come.

With them growing older and their presences growing stronger, Kaizo pulled Fang aside during a team training.

"I sense demon blood on one of your friends," he said. "It's faint, but it's there."

Fang nodded. "I know. Do you know which one?"

Their eyes fell on the elemental manipulator in sync.

"Of course." Fang curled his lip.

Kaizo sighed. "Refrain from coming in physical contact with Boboiboy. Until he admits his lineage, I'll keep a close watch on him."

Either Boboiboy was blissfully oblivious of his heritage, or Fang was digging too shallow. He'd asked questions regarding Boboiboy's childhood. He glared at the back of Boboiboy's jacket so hard that Ying had to snap him out of it.

"Oh, come on!" Fang cursed at himself when Boboiboy confronted him on his actions.

Boboiboy frowned. "Honestly, you could've just asked. If you're a celestial being, I got nothing to hide. You're not wrong about me being a demon, but I don't think I'm going to fight you anytime soon."

He removed his orange jacket. A folded black wing was beneath the fabric. The wing resembled a bat's, but there was only one. Fang gawked at this sudden discovery.

Boboiboy stretched the one wing. "I was born incapacitated. I can't fly; I can't use magic—and I don't know why. I gave up searching after I met Ochobot. Can't afford to let anyone else know."

Fang nodded hastily. "O-of course."

"You're a celestial, aren't you? Can I see your wings?" Boboiboy seemed like a kindergartener rather than an immortal being.

Reluctantly, Fang slipped his sleeveless jacket down. A pair of wings stretched through, its size nearly similar to the ceiling. One wing was pure silver, the other pitch black, a sinister version of Boboiboy's.

Boboiboy poked at a feather. "Let me guess: Fallen angel? Wonder how Kaizo survives this."

Fang's expression darkened. His wings drooped. "He severed his own wings for the sake of combat. He can use magic, but not as potent as before."