Chapter Forty-Two

Start from the beginning

He had not felt this in years and –

Wait! Did he even feel like this before?

Was this how it was with Zuer?

Before he could stop himself, he started comparing the two.

It has been so long since he felt happiness at the thought of Zuer but in retrospect, was he even THIS happy? THIS inspired? THIS -

He doesn't even know how to term feeling like he could carry a two-ton truck on his back and run around Shanghai carrying the truck.

When he watched how awed she was by the "camping" set-up and when she watched the stars with such child-like glee, he almost embraced her.

She looked like she would grow wings, spread fairy dust, and lure him into her kingdom with promises of nothing else but an eternity of looking at her.

He opened his eyes to stare back at the sky and found Yue staring at him.

She looked taken aback and was probably scared witless.

Her eyes were as huge as saucers and her lips were slightly parted in shock.

She must have seen him close his eyes and thought him asleep, somehow, so she dared to look right at him.

DiDi felt his heart propel him forward and all kinds of caution go out the window.

I CANNOT JUST BE FRIENDS WITH THIS WOMAN, was his last thought before he warned her.

"I'm going to kiss you."

"Oh?" Yue whispered before he reached over and claimed her lips.

His elbow supported him as he descended towards her and the moment they touched, he felt himself being lit on fire.

He kissed her so tenderly, not even believing he was actually doing it and she was not fighting against him, and he wanted to savor every second of it.

She tasted like mint candy and sunshine.

She tasted like water from the oasis after you walked a full day in the dessert.

She tasted like miracle and magic happening at the same time.

She tasted like a million stars bursting awake.

She tasted like a dream he has had for so long and finally caught.

She opened her mouth to him and he almost exploded.

If oxygen was not a need, he would have never stopped kissing her.

And when he did need to lift his lips from hers to breathe properly, he found himself giving feather kisses to her nose, her eyes, her cheeks, her chin, her forehead and then he needed to just breathe her in.

He wanted to commit her scent to his memory.

He wanted to take all of her in and never ever forget her.

This was so addicting.

And he didn't want to be separated from her.

"DiDi! DiDi! Hold on!"

The urgency in Yue's voice felt like it woke him up from a trance.

She looked bewildered at what she had said out loud but DiDi knows that he shouldn't have done what he just did.

It was too much and too fast and she was right in calling him out for it.

He sat up the airbed and covered his face in embarrassment.