Rumors be rumors

It was a Monday, after the most enjoyable weekend at the Grand Mallot hotel. I was walking to class alone when I overheard Sasuke's and Sakura's conversation. I quickly hid behind the corner of the wall, eavesdropping.

"Is it true you're having a relationship with a student?" She asked, concerned.
"Of course not. Kids will be kids, spreading these kinds of rumors." Sasuke brushed the topic off instantly.
"Good, cause you know best it's against the rules."
"Hn."
"See you after class." She pecked him on the cheek before she walked to her class, holding some textbooks in her hands. The sound of her high heels was getting further away and before Sasuke turned around, I bolted off in tears.
How could I've been so stupid all this time thinking he was in love with me when he's in a relationship with Sakura!
Cheater.

But.. I'm not in a relationship with him.. So it isn't really cheating, is it? Then why do I feel so hurt?! God dammit. It hurts.. So bad.
I didn't understand why he would have done this to me, what could he have possibly gain? Why would he lie, pretend and act like he gives a shit if he doesn't?

I continued walking over to class with a heavy and broken heart. I felt so lied to, so betrayed and I didn't feel complete. Maybe.. Maybe this is all just a misunderstanding. I should ask Mr. Uchiha before I jump to any conclusions.. But a part of me was so afraid to find out the truth. What if it was all just an act? And he was never serious about me?

My eyes couldn't help but water as I entered and took a seat in class. Just then, I realized it was Mr Uchiha's class and everyone was already standing up to greet him. I quickly did so as well. I couldn't look him in the eye, my heart pounding with sadness and fear. There has to be a valid reason for this.

He constantly glanced over to me in class, I could feel his cold hard gaze. But I avoided it, I avoided him and his eyes. I just became distant from him, and I think he felt it too. My head was down most of the time in his class, jotting down notes I don't even understand. My mind cluttered with so many thoughts and questions.

The second the bell rang, I stood up hastily, my chair screeching against the floor. "Please ex-excuse me.." I left the class in a hurry before the surprised Uchiha could react. I raced to the males bathroom and shut the stall's door. Dammit. I need to stop overthinking and over reacting.

I need to find out what's the relationship between those two.

He just might be pretending?
Pretending to love her?

....
Or pretending to love me?