Chapter 18: 'Fight or Flight'

Ari had never been more scared in her entire life.

Heart racing, body shaking, tears running down her face, she sprinted as fast as she could away from the main room. She had no idea where she was going, but she ran.

Jay bolted as far away from the two as he possibly could get. He desperately searched for an exit somewhere, trying to remember which way the two girls went so he could get them out of there safely.

Claire wasn't thinking clearly, she knew something was up with that girl. But Juno? Sure he was strange, very strange, but she honestly didn't expect this.

As for the other two? Well they were still fighting by the entrance.

"The cops are going to be here with backup literally any second! We need to get out of here! I thought you were the one who said we had limited bullets?"

"Well yeah but that was before I remembered there's a gun in the guy's bedroom. I was searching around when I first got here and broke the lock off the drawer out of curiosity. Go get it, we can take the rest of these suckers out later and bam! We leave and start over somewhere else" Leona said happily, smiling as she looked down at the gun, Crystal's bright red blood slowly staining her clothes a dark brownish color.

"How many bullets do you have?" Juno asked with a sigh, to which Leona quickly checked.

"Uh, five more, there's one missing. Guess these officers don't really care about guns, the other two don't even have one on them! Then again, nothing ever happens in this town that they really need guns for."

"Whatever, you go get the gun then, give me this one. You know where it is, I'll go try and find another way out since this place is going to be swarmed with officers soon, we can't just walk out the front door." Juno said, Leona nodding before running off down where Ari had run.

And so, Juno looked at the paths, quickly following down after where Claire had taken off.

Ari felt her vision start to go black, all her hyperventilating and crying had left her so weak she was almost sure she was going to pass out.

She ran into a room, though she wasn't sure which it was, she swore she saw a window.

She grabbed onto something, trying to keep herself upright as she moved towards the window.

"Come on not now Ari, you can do this..."

Her eyes fluttered shut for a moment, her grip slipping.

And then she collapsed, her vision going completely dark.

Leona bounded over to where she remembered the bedroom to be, entering with a small skip, pausing as she saw a dark shape on the floor.

She squinted her eyes, turning the light on only to see Arianna laying there, seemingly knocked out.

"She passed out from fear? Never seen that." Leona said, smiling down at her as she walked over to where the locked drawer was, the lock now on the floor.

She pulled the drawer open, quickly grabbing the gun and spinning it around on her finger once.

"Bam!" She pretended to shoot at the mirror, smiling and shaking her head at herself as she lowered the gun, checking the bullet count.

"Only one bullet?! What kind of madness!" She pouted, sighing loudly as she stepped over Arianna, glaring down at her.

"You got off lucky this time pretty girl." She jokes, rolling her eyes before leaving the room quickly to find Juno.

Back over with Jay, he'd entered a few rooms to come out with no escape.

"Dammit where are the windows in this place?!" He cried out, quickly shutting his mouth when he heard footsteps.