Flashback 12- 'Small Town Girl: Pt 3'

It had been seven months since Claire left.

Kira sat alone in her apartment, staring at her phone silently, thinking to herself.

It was about two years after she'd first met Claire, and by the first month, she was sure she was in love with the sweet pastry shop girl.

She was so... confident. So ambitious.

That's the kind of person Kira wanted in her life, someone with fiery passion to combat her cold outlook on life.

Almost two years, and she was still hopelessly in love with the now singer.

They still talked a lot. It started off as daily, then every other day, then every week. Then sometimes even less than that.

It had been a month since they'd last talked, and Kira longed to talk to her again. She wanted nothing more than to see her again.

But she knew she needed to wait.

As much as she wanted to talk with her again, she knew she needed to wait for Claire to call her this time.

Just one time would be enough for Kira honestly.

So she sat on her couch, quietly watching the phone, willing for it to ring.

And then, it did.

She leapt up, nearly falling in shock as she stumbled over to her phone, quickly grabbing it.

She put it up to her ear, clearing her throat.

"Hello?" She asked casually, praying it was who she hoped it was.

"Hi Kira, it's Claire!"

Kira felt herself smile widely, taking a deep breath before responding.

"Oh, hi. It's been a while hasn't it?"

"I know right? It's cause of my enemy Zakou again, he's the worst. Having a rival is hard."

Kira chuckled softly, knowing Claire was definitely pouting on the other side of the phone.

"Him again really? Claire, I've never even seen one of his shows and I still know you're so much better than him."

"Ugh could you tell the rest of the town that? Especially his one lackey, guy who doesn't even talk from what I've seen. Just follows Zakou around like a lapdog."

"I'm sure you can take them both down, I mean you've been working hard against them already, don't you have close friends there?"

Part of Kira hoped she'd say no, that she had a fight with them and that she'd be coming back.

But she knew that wouldn't happen.

"Yeah you know. Whitney and Mimi mainly, but there is this cute guy named Jason I've run into a few times recently too."

Kira's smile fell.

"Oh? That's great!"

"Yeah, can you believe I actually liked you when we first met though? Were so different honestly, I really am a flirt huh?" Claire giggled a bit, and Kira shook her head a bit as she held herself together.

"Funny I know right? Anyways, did you have a reason you called?"

"Yeah actually, I miss you and your cute face. I'm going to this party thing later this week and wanted to know if wanna come down and go with me?"

"Oh, sure! I miss you too Claire, what day?"

"Yay! And hey I'm not just saying that Kira. I really miss you and hanging out, I'm really sorry I've been so busy recently. It's this Saturday, it starts at 8 o'clock."

"Saturday, 8 o'clock. I'll be there, and I really miss you too Claire. I can't wait to see you again."

Kira felt her heart lift a little, at least they were friends.

"Perfect! Hey I've gotta go now, Mimi and I are meeting up for dinner tonight. I'll call you tomorrow to give you the address and such, stay perfect! Mwah!"

And with that, she was gone.

Kira slowly put the phone back, grabbing a piece of paper and scribbling down "Saturday, 8 o'clock" before taping it to her wall next to her phone.

She wasn't dumb, she knew her and Claire could, and would never work.

Like Claire said, they were too different.

But that didn't stop her feelings, not at all. She wanted to be more than friends.

But still, she smiled, knowing she'd get to see her soon.

-----------------

Unedited

Word Count: 734 

Hi everyone! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, and are ready for the next! It gets a little intense, anyways, make sure to vote and comment! I hope everyone has an amazing rest of their day/night, see you all next chapter! Bye!