Flashback 14- 'Poisonous Talking: Pt 2'

Axel quietly led Zakou down the hallway, a bit of tension hanging in the air, to which Zakou was slightly confused at.

"Axel, everything's good right? You're acting off if you haven't noticed." Zakou said, annoyed as he crossed his arms.

"Are we headed towards the panic room? Uh Axel-"

"You'll see okay? Just trust me this once."

With that Zakou shut up, more out of curiosity than anything else. He hadn't ever seen Axel act like this before.

As they approached the door, Axel stepped aside and Zakou hesitantly entered the password, then pushing on the door so it swung open.

They both entered the room, Axel quickly walking over and turning on the lamp Zakou had put in there since there was no other light source.

"So what exactly am I supposed to be seeing? I'm missing an opportunity to show up Claire to see my own panic room?" Zakou asked, looking frustrated and confused as Axel walked over to the small bookshelf in the corner.

Zakou felt a smile appear on his face, as irritating as Axel could be, there were things about him that did make Zakou smile. Like the way he had books and bookshelves scattered absolutely everywhere around the mansion.

He snapped back to attention, seeing Axel turn around with what looked like two wine glasses in the dim light.

"See? The wait was worth it huh." Axel said with a smile, walking over and handing one of the drinks to Zakou, who hesitantly took it.

"How long have you had these hiding away in here?" Zakou questioned, walking over and looking at where Axel had been standing, seeing a small space between a few books where he had supposedly hidden the two glasses.

"Put them here just before I had gone out to get my mask, thought it would be a nice way to come and escape from everything in case you and Claire got way into your fighting."

"Then why two glasses? And why now?" Zakou questioned, smiling as he slowly swished the drink around in the glass, watching it swirl around.

"Well because I'd obviously drag you in here with me, and because I thought maybe it would be a better idea for you to be tipsy before Claire gets here. Makes it more entertaining for me anyway." Axel said, returning his smile as he moved in front of him and taking a sip of his drink.

"What is it anyways? Basic wine in a wine glass?"

"Yeah actually, why not? I found an almost empty bottle of it earlier today so I thought this would be a nice surprise."

"Well, can't disagree with you there. I do love wine, my favorite drink by far." Zakou mentioned, raising his glass up jokingly as he sat down in the chair right next to him, looking down at the drink.

"Doesn't it look a little weird to you though? How old was this drink?"

"Just drink it!"Zakou jumped in his chair slightly, nearly spilling his drink, looking up at Axel with wide eyes.

"Why are you so determined to have me drink this? What if I'm not thirsty?" Zakou questioned, Axel looking away, seemingly embarrassed from the small outburst.

"Look, I was just trying to do something nice okay?" Axel said quietly, somehow something like regret in his voice.

"God okay, if it means that much to you." Zakou said, putting his hands up in defense before taking a long drink of the wine, swallowing it all.

"Wait-"

Zakou went rigid in his seat, pain twisting in his stomach as he felt bile rising up in his throat. He coughed, doubling over in pain as he wiped his mouth, the dim light revealing dark red blood.

"Poison..." He mumbled, seeing his glass fall out of his hand and shatter on the ground as blood dripped from his mouth.

He laid on the floor, looking up weakly, seeing he was suddenly alone as he took his last breath.

Axel leaned against the door, his heart pounding loudly in his chest as he truly just realized what he'd done.

He knew from what they told him that botulinum toxin was one of the most deadly poisons out there, but that worked so fast.

He glanced behind him what if Zakou had actually died? What if he didn't?

Axel looked and realized he'd closed the door, quickly reentering the password and quietly pushing the door open.

He stepped inside, seeing Zakou still on the ground.

He gently sat his drink down behind where he'd hidden the glasses originally, leaning down a little, seeing no signs of movement.

"Oh god..." Axel said, putting his hand over his mouth as he took a step backwards, nearly falling over from shock.

He turned the lamp off, breathing heavily as he felt around his pocket, feeling the bottle he'd used still there.And with that, he rushed out of the room to find Juno, and never looked back.

-----------------

Unedited

Word Count: 888

Ah yes, we now see what truly happened with the two as Zakou was murdered. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, as this ends all the flashback series! Make sure to vote and comments your thoughts and opinions! I hop everyone has a great rest of their day/night, see you all next chapter! Bye!