Chapter 2: 'Lets Begin'

As the five approached the main entrance, they all took notice of how empty the place was, it clearing out extremely quick after the mention of someone being killed.

"Wait, hold on a second." Juno said, the detective quickly turning to face him, a slight scowl on her face.

"How did the guy even die? Wheres the murder weapon? Why are we not investigating this more?" Juno asked, taking a bit of a threatening step towards Kira.

The detective didn't back down, looking Juno straight in the eye as she spoke.

"'We', will not be investigating anything. As I stated, you all are suspects of the murder."

"Kira, its me! You know I couldn't hurt anyone!"Claire said, sounding desperate, Kira just sending her a cold look.

"I could not find you the first thirty minutes of arrival, around the same time a murder could be taking place" She states, ice her in voice as Claire shrunk away, hurt.

"Now, if everyone could just stay calm-"

"Calm?! I'm over here trying not to fucking kill someone after hearing my best friend has just been murdered!" Axel yelled, taking everyone by surprise since he'd been so quiet.

Everyone was quiet for a moment, thinking about what he'd just said. After a few seconds, his eyes widened and he looked up nervously.

"Don't... take that out of context." He mumbled, face flushing slightly as everyone stared at him.

"Right... well-"

"Why have we not checked the security cameras yet?" Axel then asked, looking around with angry confusion as Kira sighed.

"Were waiting for backup to arrive, Im just trying to keep you four-"

Juno groaned. "Who cares! I have literally nothing to do with this case! I merely gave you information that I thought would help! Now I'm being pinned for the crime?"

"How can we trust you, Kira?" A soft voice asked, everyone looking over to see Ari, shifting nervously in her spot. "I mean... you're the detective yes... but we don't know if you had any part in this or not honestly."

"I have been in the ballroom the entirety of the night, Ms. Smith. I also had no relationship to the host, from what I know, all of you had some kind of connection to him as well."

"Uh, I don't even know him?" Juno said, folding his arms behind his back and looking darkly at Kira. I'm here because my... friend, sent me for business."

Kira paused for a moment, turning to face Juno.

"Elaborate on this, 'business'."

Juno sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"We have our own business, and had gotten reports of Zakou being involved in an art scam. I came tonight to talk to some guests and figure out weather it was true or not."

"He's right!" Ari suddenly yelled, everyone looking a little shocked as she raised her voice.

"Zakou has been scamming me for months! Jay must've called someone for me." She continued, mumbling mostly to herself at the end.

"Even so, I have to investigate all of your cases. Just trust the process."

Everyone fell into silence for a few moments, then suddenly police officers burst through the door, causing everyone to jump.

Kira smiled gratefully, look as she saw the head of the police department enter, also one of her close friends.

The officer smiled back at Kira, walking up to her.