Chapter 1: 'The Body'

"W-what?" The blonde stammered, backing up fearfully. "Why me? I have no part in this!" She was hyperventilating slightly now, her eyes darting around nervously.

Kira shook her head sadly. "I'm sorry, but you finding the body is suspicious in itself. None of you can leave until I figure this out."

"Kira, you can't be serious. It's me! You know I'd never kill anyone! I can't even hurt a fly!" Claire said, slight desperation in her voice as she looked at her friend, betrayal in her eyes.

The boy in blue stepped towards her, anger and hurt clear in his gaze. "I know you,' He mumbled, glaring coldly at Claire. "You're Claire Clark, known as the town's best singer, aren't you?"

Claire hesitated before nodding slowly, taking a step or two back. The boy continued. "You were his biggest rival. He told me about you. I've met you before."

He then quickly turned and looked at Kira. "She probably killed him! It only makes sense, if he was dead then she'd get all the glory and fame they alway fought over!"

"What?!" Claire shouted, anger seeping into her voice. "Listen, I know you're hurt right now," She paused, thinking for a second. "What's your name?" She then asked gently.

He glared at her once more. "....Axel." He finally said, Claire trying to weakly smile at him. "Right, Axel, I'm so sorry about this ok? But I'd never kill someone! Yes Zakou and I weren't exactly friends but..."

"Enough!" The boy with the red mask suddenly yelled, the other four jumping. "This is ridiculous! No one has even gone to check if he's actually dead! She could be lying for all we know!"

Kira's sighed, "I was just abut to get to that..." She muttered as she turned to everyone else.

"Right." She said, reaching up to pull her mask down. "Now, my name is Kira. Detective Kira Harris that is. I'm going to have to ask you all to remove your masks and corporate. We'll get through this easier if you all do so."

Everyone was silent. Then, one by one they all reached up to remove their masks.

"Thank you. Now," She turned to look at the redhead. "Please, lead me to where you found the body."

The girl nodded quickly, turning around and speed walking down the hallway she came from.

"All of you, follow me." Kira ordered, looking behind her to see the other three trailing behind her, none of them looking all to excited.

Axel continued to glance at Claire, becoming extremely wary of her as she was the main rival of his now deceased best friend.

He scowled at the thought, feeling tears welling up in his eyes again, his anger growing more and more every second he looked at the shorter girl.

"Stop looking at me." She hissed, glaring back at Axel, although sadness was visible in her eyes.

After about thirty seconds of quick walking, everyone stopped as the redheaded girl turned around to face them.

"I found him here." She said quietly, moving out of the way so that Kira could step inside. It was the houses so called 'panic room', a place the residents could hide if there was ever an emergency. There was clearly a code that needed to be entered, but the door pushed open with ease surprisingly. Like it was left unlocked.

It was dark, but it was clearly visible that the boy on the floor was not moving, dark red blood splatters around and on his face.

Axel tried not to look, but did anyways, quickly stepping back and slumping down against the wall outside the room.

"No..." Was all he said, burying his face in his hands.

Kira walked inside slowly, eyes looking around the darkly lit room, searching for a light switch. When she didn't see one, she resulted to turning on a nearby lamp on in the room.

She squinted as she neared the body, taking notice of where the blood was. She kneeled down, not touching the body as that wasn't her job, and she saw no signs of life whatsoever.

She let out a sad sigh, standing back up and walking back over to the four suspects who were all deathly silent.

"Well, one thing is for sure, he's... dead." She spoke softly, Axel silently cried.

"Now, while we wait for help to arrive, I'm going to have to ask you a few questions." Kira narrowed her eyes, tensing up in case anyone tried to run.

Everyone nervously stayed where they were put.

"Good. First of all, what are all of your names?" She questioned, scanning over the four as they shifted in their spots.

"Ari er, Arianna Smith." She redhead said quietly, Kira looking over at her as she fiddled with the mask in her hands.

"Juno." The boy with the red mask said, straightening out a bit as he spoke.

"Juno what?" Kira questioned, looking slightly annoyed at how smug the boy looked.

"Juno none of your business." He snapped, Kira looking taken back.

"Excuse me?" She growled, stepping forward to face him as he frowned.

"You're not getting a name outta me sweetheart." He chuckled, relaxing against the wall once more as Kira sighed in frustration.

"Firstly, don't call me 'sweetheart' ever again." She glared back at him as she spoke.

"I can, and will have you arrested the moment the rest of my officers arrive if you do not give me your name. Now."

Juno rolled his eyes, crossing his arms as he looked off to the side. Kira bit her tongue, waiting to see if he'd oblige.

"Castillo. Juno Castillo." He grumbled, Kira nodding and turning away from him as he shoved his hands into his pockets.

She cleared her throat, the other three suspects looking at her in surprise.

"Now then, please continue with stating your FULL names."

She looked around, her eyes landing on the boy on the ground.

"Axel McLean." he said softly, standing up.

Everyone turned to look Claire who furrowed her eyebrows. "What? She already knows my name."

"But we don't. So, who are you Miss famous singer?" Juno asked, looking at her suspiciously, crossing his arms.

Claire looked around, seeing Axel still glaring at her, and Ari looked down nervously.

"Fine. I'm Claire, Claire Clark. Even though that was literally stated earlier.." She mumbled, clenching and unclenching her fists as she scoffed.

Kira looked at them all and nodded in approval. "Good. Now..."

Kira paused, she was originally going to start interrogating now, wanting to get information as soon as possible, but decided against it. She wanted to be able to search the room for clues once the body was gone, and give everyone else a chance to calm down.

"....actually, all of you need to follow me again, were going back to the front to wait for help."

She then began walking forwards, then paused.

"After that, I interrogate."

Everyone looked at each other, trust vacant from their eyes.

Then slowly, they followed the detective.

-----------------

Unedited

Word Count: 1207

Hello! I hope you all enjoyed the first real chapter, you're all in for a ride! Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts! Id love to see them all :)