Flashback 6- 'The Art Scammer: Pt 3'

Anger.

Truly, Ari can say this is one of the few times, she felt anger.

She was angry.

She aggressively swept her paintbrush against the canvas she had out. It was a bright sunny day, the sun shining as hot as the anger that burned in her. She dipped her paintbrush back into the red paint.

"Hey, A, I got something..for you..."

Ari hardly paused, continuing to splatter the paint all along the sides of her bright red and white canvas. 

She heard Jay set something done, and felt his presence move next to her. She swore she could almost feel his concern radiating.

"Whoa, got anything you wanna talk about?"

"Zakou." She practically spit.

She felt some guilt start to bubble up inside. She hated being angry, it was a rare occurrence for her, but he was just pushing this too far.

Friends, family, and her craft were all important, scared things to her. And when you take advantage of them, she was not going to stand by and watch.

"Sorry to say I told you so but... I told you so. We shouldn't have let them scam us like that Ari, c'mon, you work hard on these paintings..."

Ari didn't respond, Jay had told her this several times after all.There was nothing left for her to say. So, she was just waiting for him to finish his lecture, once again.

"...but, I thin I have something that could turn this around."

She snapped her attention to him, dropping her paintbrush and grabbing his arms.

"Really?!" She asked, true excitement in her voice as she hoped he wasn't lying.

He smiled back at her, holding up two envelopes.

"Yep! Right here."

Ari gave him a confused look, glancing down at the envelopes. 

"....what are they exactly?"

Jay sighed still smiling as he shoved one into Ari's hands.

"Its an invitation to one of Zakou's parties!"

Ari gave small, still sightly confused smile . She took a closer look at the letter. 

'Arianna Smith', was writing in big swirly letters right on the front. dd, normally the letters didn't have specific peoples names on them.

"Hey, why do they have our names on them?" She then asked, noticing Jay's name also on the one he was still holding, seeing his had already been opened.

"Apparently, this is a super exclusive party." Jay wigged his eyebrows, shaking his shoulders is a suggestive way, causing Ari to snort with laughter.

"You're an idiot you know." She joked, grinning at him before returning his attention to the invitation in her hands.

"But... if its so exclusive, why were we invited?"

"Why question it? I was just around town... totally not going to see Claire perform again, and ran into Zakou! He gave me these and told me to give it to you as soon as possible!"

"That's... kinda suspicious."

"Buttttt, its also a good chance to go see whats happened to your paintings."

Ari paused, feeling the same anger pushing against her again, she felt ready to explode, taking a deep breath and closing her eyes.

"When is it?" She questioned, opening her envelope and pulling out the invitation.

"This Sunday.... oh." Jay said sad, deflating a bit.

He sighed, crossing his arms in an upset manner.

"I promised my sister I'd go help her and her partner with the move this Sunday... dang, I really wanted to have a fun James Bond like missing with you A."

Jay smiled a bit, Ari smiling back nervously.

She wondered what she might do if she went alone.

-----------------

Unedited

Word Count: 627

Ah! Another update, than you all so much for reading! I can't wait to see all your thoughts! Make sure to vote and comment, have a lovely day/night! :)