Flashback 7- 'The Castillo Business: Pt 1'

Juno quietly walked into the small classroom, gripping the straps to his backpack nervously.

He pushed some of his hair back, waiting for the teacher to notice his entrance.

Everyone in the classroom continued on with what they were doing, whether that was writing or talking and laughing loudly, no one noticed his presence.

Or so he thought.

"HI THERE!"

Juno jumped, flinching harshly and shaking slightly, squeezing his eyes shut.

It was silent for a moment, him staying as still as he could before he heard a very confused,

"Whatre you doinggg?"

He opened one of his eyes, seeing a dark blonde, tooth gaped little girl standing in front of him, squinting her eyes in a confused way.

"I- uh, sorry." He said, slowly standing back up right and watching the girl.

She smiled brightly at him, holding out her hand, which seemed to be covered in blue and green markers.

"Hi! I'm Leona!" She said excitedly not waiting for Juno to take her hand, instead just grabbing his and shaking it rapidly.

Juno tried pulling his hand away, only to discover this girl was undeniably strong, keeping a firm grip on his hand.

"You can call me Lea!"

She then pulled him super close, giggling a bit as she whispered,

"Only my friends call me Lea!" She grinned, leaning back and finally releasing his hand.

Juno rubbed his hand, which was now sore thanks to Lea.

"So whats your name new kid?" Lea asked, turning around and trying to jump up on a nearby desk, failing, and then doing it again, actually doing it this time.

Juno waited for her to get situated on the desk, Lea leaning forward and resting her chin on her hands as she looked at him with a wide smile.

"I'm Juno, you can call me 'J', I know its a weird name..." He told her, looking away as she frowned.

"Hmm," She sat up right, rubbing her chin as though she had a beard, thinking.

"Say it again!" She demanded, looking back to Juno who was startled.

"Juno?" He said, cocking his head to the side as she thought.

"Junnnooooo, Juno. Juno! GOT IT!" She all but screeched, Juno staring at her with an even more confused face.

"What? Did I say it wrong?" She questioned, kicking her bright green shoes as she leaned back on the desk more, nearly falling backwards.

"No, you said it right. I'm just surprised you cared about saying it right."

"Why wouldn't I? Its a cool name!" Lea said happily, clapping as he nodded a little, kinda scared to disagree with her.

"So is Lea?" He tried, seeing her light up with joy.

"YAY! I have a friend now!" She jumped off the desk, twirling around, and bumping into the teacher accidentally, who was now standing right there.

"Oh, sorry Ms. Rodiguas!" And with that, Lea waved wildly at Juno before skipping away.

Ms. Rodiguas smiled, shaking her head slightly, then looking down and noticing Juno standing there quietly.

"Oh! Hello young man, whats your name? Are you new here?" She asked, Juno looking up at her.

"Um, my name is Juno Castillo, and yes, I just moved here." He told her, pulling out a piece of paper.

"Uh, my mom wrote this down and told me this was my class number."

Juno handed her the small piece of paper, to which Ms. Rodiguas quickly looked over.

"Great! Let me just check to make sure you're in the right place sweetheart." She smiled at him, walking over to her desk and rummaging through one of her drawers.

Juno silently followed, not sure what to do exactly.

A few moments later, Ms. Rodiguas pulled out another, bigger, piece of paper. She set it down and scanned over it.

"Oh perfect! You're in the right classroom. Welcome!"

She smiled, putting the paper away in the same drawer, turning to Juno and brushing her pants off.

"I'm Ms. Rodiguas, but you can call me Ms. R, I know its a bit of a strange name." She laughed a bit, Juno just staring up at her.

"No... Ms. Rodiguas." Juno said hesitantly, mimicking what Lea had done earlier.

Ms. Rodiguas smiled brightly, then leaned down a bit.

"I heard what you and Leona were talking about, I hope you know that Juno really is a cool name."

And Juno smiled.

------------------

Unedited

Word Count: 767

Hi! I really hope you all enjoy this flashback! It might honestly be my favorite so far, anyways! Make sure to vote and comment! I hope everyone has an amazing day/night! Bye!