Prologue: 'Murder in the Ballroom'

Kira walked into the ballroom, adjusting her light green mask slightly as she walked. The room was empty, Kira remembering it was a small party after all. A supposed party? Yeah right.

The detective walked around the place silently, searching for the host, and a short girl with a purple mask.

She saw many rooms, all huge, seeing as this was quite the mansion. She frowned a bit more, accidentally bumping someone as she walked.

"Oh! My bad, I didn't think anyone else was here yet." She said quickly, looking up to see a boy with a blood red mask on. "It's cool." He said, frowning a bit and glancing to the side before continuing to walk into the nearby empty corridor.

"Weird," Kira mumbled before leaving the area quickly.

After a few more minutes of searching, she sighed and leaned against the wall, crossing her arms as she gazed into the extravagant ballroom

"This is getting ridiculous huh?" A familiar voice said from next to her, causing the annoyed girl to jump.

She heard a giggle and turned to see her friend Claire, with her purple mask on, taking a sip from her wine glass. "Startled you huh?" She giggled once more before taking a step towards the taller girl.

"Yeah," Kira smiled. "Just a bit." She chuckled, happy to have found her friend. "I was starting to wonder where you were."

Claire took another sip of her drink. "I could tell sweetie, you didn't have the happiest face on when I saw you."

Kira sighed, tugging a bit on her gloves as she rolled her eyes. "The formal wear for this event was a bit much don't you think? I mean, like, I know this place hosts parties after every play but this one seems a bit... different. I expected more people."

Claire shrugged, smiling a bit as she finished her drink. "I just hope we meet some cute girls or boys here though, though like. no ones here. Especially since I already finished most what I was planning on doing." She laughed again as Kira crossed her arms with a smile.

"You're just a huge flirt huh?" She asked with a smirk, knowing if she asked what Claire was doing she wouldn't get a real answer. Claire put her hand on her hip. "You know it babe." She then flirtatiously winked, causing Kira to laugh and playfully hit her.

Suddenly, a tall boy in a deep blue mask rushed over to them. "Hey, have either of you seen Zakou? The host?" He asked quickly, looking out of breath.

"Oh yeah, isn't he your rival? The one w-" Kira said, her face scrunching up in confusion as she turned to Claire, who smiled nervously and cut her off.

"Ha! You're so funny!" Claire said, a little to loud, elbowing Kira hard as the guy looked at them with question.

Claire turned to face the boy quickly, making a waving motion. "But no. sorry, haven't seen him all night." She smiled. "Hope you find him soon."

The boy nodded, quickly thanking them before slowly walking away, followed by him hurrying away down the opposite hallway he'd come from.

"He seemed to be in a rush, huh?" Kira pointed out, watching him walk off.

"Didn't really notice, but hey, try not to point out who I am, please?" Claire said, blowing a piece of hair out of her face as she looked at Kira with a pleading smile.

"Huh? How come?"

Claire gave a sinister smile. "Soooo maybe I wanted to try and investigate Zakou's house without actually having to deal with him watching or fighting me every two seconds. This is a masquerade ball anyways, so no one, even within the probable few people will see or recognize me. Also not many people have seen me with short hair since I just cut it!"

Kira nodded, smiling at her friend who then cracked her knuckles as a determined look crossed over her face.

"Right, now I'm gonna try and have some fun at least, let's go find some other people!" She dramatically yelled, beginning to walk off before stopping.

"You wanna come?" She then offered, smiling giddily as she adjusted the headband resting uncomfortably in her hair.

Kira snickered. "Sure, why not?"

Claire grinned and clapped before pausing and glancing around.

"Mm, just give me one moment. Gotta handle some, lady business." She gave a goofy smile before walking away to ask where the restrooms where.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

After a small period of time, and Claire returning from the bathroom and relentlessly searching, mainly to flirt, with the other guests, a loud scream filled the room.

The  four people then turned their attention to where the scream had come from, seeing a blonde haired girl in an icy blue mask come running out, tears quickly running down her face. She seemed extremely panicked as she looked around.

"Someone call an ambulance! Someone's been killed!" She yelled out, taking a few steps forward as the boy in the blue from earlier ran over to her.

Kira's eyes widened, grabbing Claire's hand and pulling her towards where the boy and crying girl were.

By the time they reached the front, the boy was near tears as well.

"What happened here, who was killed?" Kira asked quickly, Claire covering her mouth in shock as her eyes glazed over sadly.

"Zakou." The boy said quietly, turning to look at the frantic ballroom, people were scurrying about at the mention of someone being murdered.

"I knew something wasn't right." A low voice said from behind the four people. They all jumped and quickly looked over to see the same boy with the blood red mask from earlier.

"What are you talking about?" Kira demanded, stepping towards the boy who was casually leaning against a wall.

"Earlier, I saw Zakou walk over that way," He paused, pointing in the direction of where the red headed girl came from. "And I swore I saw a shadow of someone following him, but then I bumped into you, so when I looked back, there was nothing."

Kira sighed, rubbing her forehead as she recalled running into him around this area.

"Guys, I think we need to leave." Claire said quietly, drawing the attention of everyone. Before anyone else said anything, Kira scowled and shook her head.

"No. Sorry Claire, but all four of you are currently suspects of the murder of Zakou Rosales Mena."

-----------------

Unedited

Word Count: 1112

Welcome to panic room! A thrilling-murder mystery! I truly hope you all enjoy, please don't hesitate to comment your thoughts and theories, I'd love to read and respond to all of them! :)