The Change

(Alana)

When I woke up, it was to candle light and the smell of roses in my nose. I glanced around but saw no sign of Silver. I didn't remember anything after getting knocked to the ground in the woods. I blinked several times and tried to stand. Rough black rope held my wrists and ankles. I was still naked and my body was coated in sweat. I examined myself and then jerked when I saw the bite marks covering my legs, felt my sticky blood on my neck and knew there were bites there too. I struggled before pain shot through me, causing me to arch my back. I will not scream, I will not scream, I chanted to myself. But the pain was unbearable and my mouth opened of its own accord, letting out a painful sound that almost sounded like a howl.

"It'll be over soon, Lana. I promise it won't hurt much longer." A very familiar voice said as the shadows thickened before she stepped into the light.

"Mika." I gasped out.

The Mexican girl who spent the last four years of my life torturing me smiled at me. "I'm glad you remember me, sweetheart." She looked over my bloody naked form with lust in her brown eyes. I wanted to throw up, but was once again distracted by the pain coursing through me.

"It feels like fire!" I cried out, thrashing against my bindings as molten lava seemed to work through my veins.

"Shhh, it'll all be over soon." Mika said soothingly.

"Yes, it will." Silver said just as I lost consciousness.

(Silver)

Making the lesser wolf being me to her ex-Alpha had been simple. And seeing Mika touch what belonged to me, I saw red. When Alana's body suddenly slumped against her bindings and I noticed the blood coating her skin, my lips pulled back over my teeth. Mika smiled as her pack inches from the shadows, all wolves, half naturals. I hid my surprise and annoyance.

"You were stupid to come here alone, Huntress, and even stupider to take what is mine." She caressed Alana's cheek again and a growl erupted from my chest. "Silver Shadow, right? Or should I just call you Samantha?" My body jerked in surprise and I stared at her. How did she know who I am? "Oh, I know all about you, Mistress of Shadows. I know you're here for me and I know who lead you to me. She'll die of course but after Lana finishes the turn, I'm taking her away from here and you'll never find me again."

"You're not taking her away from me." I snarled, my canines growing as long as my middle finger. "If you know everything, then you know that I'm from two powerful wolf lines and that I was born this way, not turned." Both wolves inside me (the reason for my strange eyes and hair) howled in anger at seeing their mate---MY mate bleeding. "You know I'll destroy your whole pack without the help of mine."

"No, you won't." Mika's smile was cruel as she gestured to the door across the room. It opened and the girl from the hospital was tossed inside. A wolf darted forward and turned, wrapping himself around her with a cry. The girl sat up and red hair tumbled out of her baseball cap. I frowned at her. She turned and those blue eyes met mine. She was all healed up, in jeans and a green tank top. But her beauty wasn't why I stared. It was the pain reflected on her face. 

"Sammy, I can explain." Lauren said, standing and brushing herself off. I shook my head at her, my canines shrinking as I took a hesitant step her way. 

"Lauren, how nice of you to join us!" Mika said enthusiastically. "You see, Samantha, Lauren was almost dead when Eric brought her here. To my parents. They treated her and they saved her life. When I became Alpha, I accepted them into my pack. When I learned you were on the hunt for my pack, Lauren blurted out everything she knew about you. Loyalty above love! But that's history. When she found out what I was planning to do to you, she lost it and tried to go and tell you. So my boys enjoyed her while her mate watched and couldn't do a damn thing about it. The best part is she lost their first child!"