Collars For Bitches

(Silver)

I have never felt pain like I felt when I first changed. You see, girls born from two wolves usually don't survive the change. Most females werewolves come from half human half wolf families. Because they usually accept the bite of the Alpha, which is like a dose of medication, ensuring their turn. But with naturals, the full blooded, well...females almost never survive the change. Most have a heart attack or an anurism in their brain because of the currents going through their body. Female full bloods were a rarity and it's why I'm such a powerful, natural-born Alpha. The change is the most painful thing anyone can go through on their own. Luckily for me, I wasn't alone.

I was asleep on a full moon night, curled beneath my blanket and snoring. I remember waking up and feeling my heart racing. I was beginning to sweat and I looked around the darkness of my room with a rising panic. But then I looked out the window and locked eyes with the full moon. My body suddenly wasn't mine anymore. I rolled onto my back, my head still tilted so that the moon light fell on my face. My back arched and I heard a large cracking sound. Pain filled me and I opened my mouth to scream...but nothing came out. I clenched my fists but that did me no good. My nails grew sharp and bit into the skin of my palm.

"Sammy?" A soft voice whispered.

I wanted to turn my head to see Chris. I wanted to yell out how it hurt. I wanted to ask what was happening to me but I already knew, didn't I? It's what was causing the panic in my mind. The fear that I was going to die now. All that came out was a groan.

"Oh, my God, no." Chris hissed out, rushing to my side. He knew what was happening. He could tell because he went through it. He scooped my tense body into his arms and muttered his apologies as he ran down the stairs with me and straight out the front door, hitting my head several times on the wall and the door jam.

The moment he stepped out of the door and into the nighttime, I convulsed so hard that he dropped me to the ground. He touched my face, but I couldn't see him. All I could see was the moon. I felt the moonlight on my skin, setting me on fire. Burning me from the inside out. I screamed so loud that my own eardrums burst and then my mind blanked.

I thought I was dead when I woke up again to sunshine and green grass. I was surrounded by trees and was pleasantly warm beneath the sun. I stretched my body and then stood up and started exploring the area around me.

A bark drew my gaze to a grayish wolf with bright blue eyes. I stumbled backwards but it kept coming towards me, it's tail wagging slightly. Sammy, a voice filled my head and I stopped, my eyes widening.

Chris? I gasped out before sitting down hard as my word came out a bark. I...I survived?

You're just like me now. Chris gave me a wolfish grin as he sat beside me. 

I'm a...wolf? I looked at him in confusion.

You're a wolf. You're as silver as the moon and your eyes are as black as the night. You'll blend with the shadows in the night and you'll be like a flash of speed and death. You are sooooo going to be my luna when I get my pack underway. He told me, bumping his shoulder against mine. Maybe we should just call you Silver Shadow. 

How do I...I started to ask, but then it ended up aloud, "change?" I stood up on two very human legs. I looked around me in surprise and he stood up too, his fur receding to naked human flesh. 

"It's a lot easier than you thought, huh?" he said with amusement.

"I just think about it and it happens?" I asked, turning my wide eyes at him.

"Yep." He said, grinning. It was then that I noticed how much of a wolf my older brother really was. He was barely seventeen and in a year he would be an Alpha. A dead Alpha....

.....or so I thought.

***

(present day)

When I opened my eyes again, I was staring at a very familiar ceiling. The ceiling to my old room. A room filled with pink walls, purple bedding, blue carpet, and a shit ton of stuffed bears. What can I say? I haven't been here since I was thirteen. I sat up, surprised I wasn't tied down. I slipped from beneath my blankets and padded over to the door, unsurprised I was wearing a sundress of my mother's. It swirled around my legs as I pulled open the door and slipped into the hallway. I slipped down the stairs, straining to hear any sounds of movement, and then darted across the living room to the front door.

I opened it, wondering why the fuck my family left all of these doors unlocked for me—-

I stepped outside and screamed as a sharp pain shot through my neck. I raised my hands, stumbling back into the house and gasped as I found an electric collar around my neck. Like a dog. No wonder they left everything unlocked. They don't have to worry about me leaving.

"Oh, you're awake." Chris sighed from behind me. "Were you trying to escape, sister dear?" He padded over to me, where I had fallen to my knees beside the door, staring out into the night and clutching the collar around my neck with a sense of hopelessness.

"Why?" I whispered, feeling broken inside. Whatever love and trust I'd had in my brother vanished as my fingers touched the spiky collar around my throat.

"Why what? Oh, the collar? Yeah, that was my idea. I knew you'd try to escape so I got a dog collar. An electric one to prevent you from leaving the house until the next full moon." Chris grinned, leaning against the door jam as he closed the door, cutting off my sight of the night. "I thought the spikes would make it look a little sexier and more fashionable." I stood on shaky legs and moved past him to the stairs. He followed at a slower pace and, still smiling, said, "Besides, we know all bitches need a collar."

With that degrading comment, he sashayed off.

(A/N:) Now before y'all start hating Chris: Chris isn't a bad guy, I promise. This all has a purpose. And remember not to judge a book by it's cover. I promise you that, by the end of this book, you will all be crying for Chris.