Eventually I felt her start to feed slower and her back stiffen a little.

"Welcome back, Fall." I whispered fondly.

"Are you okay?" She asked worriedly holding my face.

"I'm fine, just glad you're okay."

She looked proudly at the glass in my hand and threw her arms around my neck.

Fall's POV

"I'm sorry, I wanted to tell you that I was okay but I couldn't. I didn't mean to worry you," I mumbled into his shoulder.

"I love you so much," Derik gave my waist a little squeeze and I held him tighter.

"What a terrible decision." I teased.

"I'm trying to have a sweet moment here, babe." He complained.

"I know,"

I separated from him just enough to smile up at him and give him a light kiss.

"I guess you're forgiven," he mumbled reluctantly.

"Hmm, that so," I pulled his shirt collar towards me a little and kissed him again.

It wasn't a very gentle kiss. I wanted him to understand all the things I couldn't say out loud to him when I almost died. How amazing he is and how much I loved him.

"Definitely forgiven," Derik gave me a dazed look.

"Good," I gave him a quick peck.

"We should do a movie night, I'll invite everyone over." He smirked. Why do I feel like he's up to something?

"But I wanna spend time with you," I pouted.

"Trust me babe, you will be stuck with me for a very long time. Go spend time with Rosie, I have some welcome back from the dead preparations to attend to."

I want to tease him about leaving me alone after I almost died but I know that will make him feel like trash. And he probably feels bad enough.

Derik gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and I followed his advice walking to Rosie's room. She opened the door smirking and eyeing my neck.

Confused I gently felt around my neck finding little puncture holes from Derik's fangs, when did he do that? I must have been really distracted to not notice that.

Maybe he did it when I was out? Or maybe I was just that distracted.

"Looks like someone had a good reunion with their boyfriend," Rosie teased.

"Someday you'll have someone I can tease you about," I pointed out.

"Well until then..." she shrugged.

We chatted and watched cheesy romance movies on Rosie's small TV for hours. The whole time Rosie teasing me about how every couple was me and Derik or pointing out how much he would have missed me.

Or gloating that she was right about how he would still love me after the full moon.

It was sweet to have her close to me again. And to have this normal moment with her like we would have been able to have if we weren't pets. And it doesn't feel like either of us are anymore.

Even if Rosie technically still is a pet Derik just treats her like my friend.

"Fall! Rosie!" Blake yelled from the hallway.

"Rosie's room!" I replied.

"Fall there you are," Blake smiled at me holding a bag filled with god knows what. "We're going to doll you up."