In Charge

Last night was a mess. But it was a perfect mess.

We drank and we sat in the hot tub and I told him. I told him everything. How afraid I was to lose him, how I couldn't stay because I wanted to protect him, how everything I loved I couldn't stand to lose.

And he was part of that. Everyone was, I loved them all but not in the way I love him.

And without realizing it I told Derik everything I thought about him. I drank too much and told him that I love every tiny thing about him.

I adore that tiny little smile on his face when he sees me, the way he'd do anything to keep people safe, the way he scrunches his eyebrows when he concentrates.

I love how he always tries to do the right thing, I love how he thinks ahead, I love how we seem to just click, I love his easy demeanor, and I love how you know exactly what's on his mind if you know him well enough.

How he plays with his hair when he's embarrassed, how when he's not supposed to laugh at something there's just a hint of a smile on his face, how every morning he smiles first thing, how when he gets angry you can hardly tell because he doesn't want to scare anyone.

It's all my favorite thing.

And all of that came out. How I noticed every little thing about him and seeing him hurt always broke me. How seeing him sad for any reason just stung but it burned when I caused it.

How incredibly special he is to me.

And always the perfect person he is he just smiled and told me I was rambling. And he gave me the softest kiss ever and looked me in the eyes telling me that he loved me too.

And now I'm laying in bed crying over something that happened hours ago.

But it's a good cry. About how I didn't need to know him forever or know everything about him to be head over heels for him. About how happy he makes me and about how stupid I was for ever hurting him.

I gently combed his hair out of his face watching his chest rise and fall. What did I ever do to deserve him?

Somehow I'd changed my mind on what I wanted to do. I didn't want to leave I want so badly to stay. I want to have more nights like last night with everyone, and more mornings like this one.

Maybe I can just stay beside Derik's side to keep him safe. He said he would take a body guard, I could say it's mine and then there would be two people protecting him instead of just me.

And at least him and Rosie should be relatively safe with all the guards here. Though I'm not sure what race they are at least it's a layer between them and everyone else.

Though I worry about having humans or werewolves between vampires it's still a better option than having Derik or Rosie kidnapped. And they must be costing a lot...

And despite my best intentions I didn't get much work done yesterday. And I doubt anyone else did either.

"What are you thinking about Fall, it's too early to be so worried." Derik mumbled.

"I'm going to go get my phone." I tried to get up only to be held down by Derik's arm. "No really, I'm just going to go get my phone." I chuckled.

He reluctantly let me up. Quickly grabbing my phone off the charger I sat down leaning against him. My phone was swamped.

The first laws just released two days ago and it looked like Adam was taking care of all the actual questions and sending me more of the complaint/comment type of emails. Some of them weren't that bad.