Fall's family

I woke up with the sun shining through the window and climbed out of the dog bed. The sky was lit up orange and I forgot how beautiful sunrises were since pet shops never care if pets got a good view or not.

I sat in the bay window watching the birds fly until noise to my right brought my attention to Derik. Does he ever look bad?

"You're awake," he yawned.

"Yes, sir." His nose wrinkled but I knew he wouldn't say anything about the name as long as I didn't call him master.

"Brush your hair and teeth and we'll get going," guess that meant no food then.

I quietly walked into the bathroom and tried to stop the purr in my chest when I brushed my hair. Vampires purred when they were feeding from anything alive or when they were exceptionally happy, unfortunately for me, so did hybrids.

When I walked out of the bathroom Derik was dressed. He was wearing black jeans and a teal t-shirt. Remembering my collar I went back into the bathroom and put it on.

Standing in front of Derik to signify I was ready I waited for him to look up from his phone. He scowled at my collar and then my clothes and then my feet. Did he not like my clothes, well there really isn't a ton I can do about that.

"Wait here," Derik left and returned a minute later with some shoes and clothes he'd probably borrowed from a maid.

I accepted the things from him and went to the bathroom to put on the light jeans, red T-shirt, and black sneakers. When I came back he scowled only at the collar and hooked my leash to it.

I stayed quiet on the trip to the parking lot about a block from the market. When we got there Derik held my leash and I trailed after him. People trickled around the shops and stands the market was made of.

Derik walked into the first clothes shop, and not a pet clothes shop either just a regular clothes shop, and detached my leash. I stared at him puzzled.

"Pick some things," he already looked bored.

"A-are you sure," I stammered out.

"Yes, I'm sure."

Not wanting to test his patience and have nothing to wear I quickly picked out some casual clothes, socks, some PJs, a pair of shoes, a jacket, and some undergarments. Not sure if both of us would live to summer as it was only late fall I didn't waste his money on cooler clothes.

I brought him a small basket of clothes which he looked down at and sighed, were they that bad?

"You're going to need more than that and something fancy to wear while I'm at any meetings you go to," his words were a little shocking.

I grabbed a plain black dress and some heels in my size and brought them back to him. He nodded and grabbed some more clothes in my size, and surprisingly my style too, off the racks.

The amount the clerk told him to pay practically made me flinch but somehow Derik didn't seem to care, who in their right mind would spend so much on a pet?

But I suppose with how expensive pets themselves are it shouldn't surprise me that money on their clothes and food didn't bother the owners.

He put my leash on and we walked back out of the shop with far too many clothes. He walked into a pet store and I briefly wondered what else I could possibly need.

Maybe he thinks I need a whip or a muzzle? He doesn't seem like that type of owner though. Especially with all the expensive clothes he just got me.

He bought a very comfortable looking new black collar and a matching leash and we left.

When we were heading back to Derik's car I saw a fresh fruit stand. It smelled amazing and I stared wishfully at some raspberries.