New friends

"Fall, how long have you been awake?" Derik's voice brought me back to where I was instead of mindlessly staring out the window. When had the sun rose?

I wanted to lie and say that I'd just gotten up but I knew that Derik wouldn't like that I lied to him. He probably also wouldn't like that I'd woken up hours ago either though.

"A while," my voice was quiet.

I didn't have to look at him to know he'd be scowling. I heard him get up and walk towards the closet.

"I guess that's to be expected, most pets don't sleep well." Choosing to stay silent I looked toward where he had disappeared.

He walked out with perfectly in place hair and a teal dress shirt. I'd never had a master I didn't plan to kill, how the hell am I supposed to help them from here?

If Derik's a lord I'll probably meet some people but killing them from the outside will be so much harder. Well, as long as I'm never against more than two I should be fine but I've never had to worry about getting caught.

"What the fuck, Fall?! What the hell happened?!" Jerking my eyes up to Derik's glowing ones I tasted sweet copper on my tongue.

Fuck. I really should stop chewing my my lip, especially with my fang problem.

Well if the bastard rips my throat out I won't have to feel bad about leaving. Gently pulling my fang out of my lip I waited for him to approach me. If Derik bit me I would have no more control over my reaction than he does to the smell of my blood.

Turning to face him he trapped me with his arms (well I wasn't really trapped but I refuse to hurt anyone innocent if I can help it). He leaned forward until we were nose to nose and I felt my face heat up despite my knowledge that there was no way this would go well.

Surprising me he leaned forward and licked the blood off my lip.

Still very red I waited for him to get more aggressive but the only sound in the room was the loud rumble in his chest that was both a growl and a purr.

He set his head on my shoulder but made no move to bite me despite the fact that everything in him must be screaming at him too.

A gentle smell filled my nose along with the raspberry and mint smell of him, his blood. Straining my muscles to not inch towards his neck I sat perfectly still.

He'd always smelled good but my body was screaming at me that he was everything I wanted and more and that is a very hard thing to fight. A low possessive growl echoed in my throat without my permission and I hoped he was too out of it to notice it.

Vampires and werewolves were both very instinctively driven and there were some unpleasant things floating around in my mind with him so close.

My self-control has really tanked since I left home.

My lip was mostly healed causing Derik to visibly relax. But his heart still beat like a drum and my fangs ached with his heat beat. Maybe how I'd been living for the past few years was the reason I had so little restraint, I'd become addicted to blood like a drug.

Derik took a shaky step back and I scowled in disapproval before correcting my expression. Small dents etched into the window seat where his hands were moving my own hands I saw the same marks.

Fuck, fuck, fuck! He's going to have me whipped! But it was going so well! I actually liked this master and now everything's going to go back to how it was.

"Get dressed so we can go downstairs." Derik's voice was off and his slightly red face stared at the ground. Maybe he was mad.

"You're not going to punish me?" Shut up, shut up.