New laws & and interview

"How should we get started?" Adam steered us back on track from being distracted and giddy.

"We'll need some way of telling everyone the rules we are planning before enforcing them. If no one knows the rules the public will have more footing to resist us," I stated.

"Well how should we do that?" Derik leaned on the table as he talked looking comfortable.

"Probably a website, with all the laws we are making as we're making them. If the Regional puts a public service announcement about the website up no one will be able to argue that they had no way of knowing." I replied smoothly.

Adam and Blake gave small nods of approval motioning us to continue.

"We need to get a website up with ways of contacting us and the new rules. It'd probably be best to prioritize instead of expecting it to happen overnight. And a date at which the rules will be official instead of just expecting them to get it together in a day would be smart." I voiced.

"You guys know what it's like as a pet, what do you think we should start with?" Adam looked at me and Blake and I motioned for her to start encouragingly.

"Well...I hated shock collars and burning the most. Starving too, but you get used to that so it can wait." I nodded in agreement at Blake's statement before seeing Adam and Derik's horrified expressions.

"They did that to you?" Adam asked with wide eyes.

"They're both pretty common punishments, right after whipping." I said in a slightly confused voice. "Oh, and I think we should make it so you can't push yourself onto a pet or slave, no bribing for that either. It should just be illegal."

"Yeah, I always feel so bad for those girls. I think those are the things we need to get rid of first." Blake sounded like it was a normal conversation but Derik and Adam had both tensed up.

Derik had moved me to sit on his lap with his arms tightly wrapped around me like someone might try to take me away from him. Blake was also now seated much closer to Adam than before.

Despite my best efforts a small purr sounded around me and Blake looked at me surprised.

"You do that too?" I tried not to smirk at Adam from her innocent question.

"Yes, hybrids and vampires both purr when they are really happy or feeding. Sometimes we don't even realize it," I smiled. Trying to hide my expression from her.

When I looked at Derik he'd hid his face behind me to hide his expression.

"One more thing, pets should have access to medical care. And where they have to get it would need to be monitored so people can't just say they took their pets to the doctor for them to not get any help." I looked at Derik and Adam sense I couldn't handle this part on my own.

"We can start a clinic specifically for pets in each state, that way we know the doctors are trustworthy and say people have to take their pets there every so often. I'm not sure how often though, you'd probably be a better judge of that." Derik suggested.

"That's a good idea, I'd say pets would have to be taken there every month until their owners prove, after say four months, that they are treating them right. Probably anytime an infection or broken bone are suspected as well." I nodded to myself as I talked.

"Well now we know our first four rules, but how are we enforcing them? We need some kind of incentive for following the rules." Adam pointed out.

"Oh, I've got a few ideas they just aren't legal." I muttered. Snickers followed.

"Well what about this? I heard humans used to have courts where punishments for things would be decided. Every time someone broke a rule they would be kept somewhere so they can't run and then go to a court where people decide their punishment based off the severity of what they did and their motive in some cases." I think that might be the most I've ever heard Blake speak.