Chapter 17 Redux: Affections

Start from the beginning

Glynda: Well done, Miss Nikos. You should have no problem qualifying for the tournament.

Pyrrha: Thank you, professor.

Glynda: (tapping her Scroll) Alright, now I know that's a tough act to follow, but we have time for one more sparring match. (looks around at the spectating students) Any volunteers? Ms. Belladonna?

Glynda: (as Blake slams her book shut and stares wide-eyed at the Huntress) You've been rather docile for the past few classes. Why don't you--

Mercury: (raises his hand) I have a suggestion. From the many rumors I heard about once I got into this academy, there's apparently two ladies with quite the reputation surrounding them.

Mercury: (points at Pyrrha) Pyrrha Nikos: "The Invincible Girl". (points at Y/N, who's left completely surprised) And Y/N L/N: "The Chain Princess".

Mercury: (forms a grin) I can't be the only guy in this class that's just dying to know the result of a fight between them.

Glynda: Mercury, is it? I asked for volunteers not suggestions. If you wish to fight then-

Y/N: (raises her hand) I'll do it...(shyly looks down)... I'm fine going against anyone, but I would also like to go against Pyrrha.

Y/N: If it's okay with her.

Pyrrha: (smiles) I'd be happy to oblige.

With the match now decided, Y/N emerges from the locker room, both her weapons in hand as she proceeds to walk towards the arena.

Y/N: I can't believe people are calling me chain princess.

Miyuki: That's mostly my fault, sorry.

Y/N: It's fine, guess I should be a happy that I got a cooler nickname than YMA.

Miyuki: (as Y/N finally makes it over to the arena) Can I suggest something?

Y/N: Hmm?

Miyuki: Something about Mercury's intentions doesn't feel right to me, so don't go all out unless you absolutely have to.

Y/N: Right, I understand.

Now having both combatants in the arena, Glynda sets up the aura monitors as it shows that both Y/N and Pyrrha are at 100%.

Glynda: Begin!

Y/N starts the battle off with an aggressive onslaught of sword slashes, which leaves Pyrrha on the defensive as she either parries with her own blade or outright blocks the many attacks using her shield.

The red spartan drives her opponent back before opening fire at Y/N, who quickly forms a wall of ice to block the oncoming projectiles. Her ice shatters as Y/N unleashes a powerful cold breeze at Pyrrha, who uses her shield to cover against it.

Her shield starts slowly having ice form on it as Pyrrha quickly throws it at her opponent, which results in it hitting Y/N directly as it rebounds back to the spartan, who promptly uses it to bash her black-haired combatant. With Y/N still recoiling from the blow, Pyrrha capitalizes on the opportunity and proceeds to attack with a combination of both sword and spear strikes.

She finishes the assault with one last thrust of her spear, which knocks Y/N back as the black-haired girl quickly recovers and forms a path of that she quickly uses to enhance her speed.

Closing the gap in an instant, Y/N attempts to land a sword slash on Pyrrha, who with one wave of her hand, uses her semblance of polarity to discreetly force the attack to completely miss.