The Prime watched him then gently set a servo on his shoulder plate again. "Ratchet... you have to remember..." he whispered and glanced to the computer. "We have to stop the cons... even though I'm gone... you can still do this." He said seriously. 

Ratchet shook his helm, feeling like a youngling from the way he was feeling emotional. He was so overwhelmed. "I can't do that! Optimus, I'm a medic. Not a leader." Ratchet said seriously, looking at him with a lost look. "We need you."

Optimus smiled a little even though it was sad. "I am no longer here... old friend..." he whispered quietly and he started to fade as he kept his servo on his shoulder plate.

Ratchet got up quickly, his optics widening. "Optimus! No, please, don't leave me." He pleaded, trying to grab onto his shoulders and arms as he tried to stop him from fading. Panic began filling his chassis and optics. "Optimus!"

The Prime stared at him then gently set his free servo on his other shoulder plate. "Ratchet... you don't have to lead..." he said as he faded. "Just find them and bring them together... the new leader will be..." his voice faded as he completely disappeared. The world started to fade away from him as he slowly woke.

Ratchet jolted up, his eyes wide. "Oh no." He muttered and began getting up again, hurrying to the phone book.

~

A few minutes earlier, Percy was walking the halls quietly, looking into rooms of the hospital with a deep frown as he searched for someone.

Skye was walking down the hallway from just leaving her grandfather, and bumped into the other man as she turned a corner. "Sorry..." she muttered and looked at him then continued walking as she hugged herself.

Percy blinked and looked back at her, confused by her expression. He continued walking and soon found Ratchet sleeping. He went to the old man and began digging through his coat pocket on his chair, looking for something. He had to find it before he woke. He heard someone and quickly left the room.

Skye wiped her tears away and went to her father's side then sat by him and gently gripped his hand. She stared blankly then quietly started talking to him. Jack was still and unresponsive. His heart monitor beeped slowly, his heart rate slow as he slept. His ring was still on his hand, a bit old in color. 

She stared at his hand as she spoke to him then gently gripped it and ran her finger over the ring. She sighed heavily as she closed her eyes and let a few tears fall down her face. A nurse came inside but stopped seeing the two together, seeing she need a moment. Jack's hand twitched but he didn't wake up. He simply stayed still. 

Skye glanced to his face and stared blankly then gently kissed his knuckles. Seeming if she could get a reaction from him. "I know you can hear me..." she whispered. Jack's fingers moved ever so slightly, as if it took a lot of energy to open or close his hand. His expression never changes, lying quietly and relaxed.

His daughter smiled a little as tears fell down her face and she kept his knuckles against her lips. "Don't leave me... please..." she whispered. 

His hand went still as if he had no more energy, the heart monitor never beeping faster or slower. The nurse walked over quietly. "You should let him build up his strength." He whispered. "You look like you need the same." 

She looked up at him then nodded slowly as she looked at her father again. "I know... it's been... I'm not sure how long now... he should be waking up..." she whispered as her tears fell. 

He nodded a little. "I know. Give him a while longer. He is really close." He smiled a bit, reassuring her. "Talking to him is truly helping him." He nodded.