Chapter 6 - Testing the Waters

Comenzar desde el principio

Begrudgingly, I made my way back up the stairs. I stood staring at his door. I need coffee before this interaction. Actually, tequila sounds better. Composing myself, I knocked on his door a couple of times. I was met with the same silence, not even a shuffling sound. I knocked again but received the same lack of responses. God damn it, this is a bad idea. 

I placed my hand on the cold metal of the door handle, pushing it down gently. The door clicked open and I pushed it slowly, just enough for the top half of my body.

"Nico?" I called out. 

The room was completely dark, all curtains still closed. I took a step inside, scrunching up my eyes attempting to make out anything in the room. I could see a bed but I couldn't distinguish if there was a body in it. I took another step forward, stepping onto the rug he had on the floor. Suddenly, the bathroom door swung open with all its sunlight entering the room. Nico emerged from there with a wet body, water droplets roaming down his tanned skin in no particular direction. As they got over the firm bump of each ab, they would pick up speed before reaching the next one, finally settling into the towel wrapped around his waist which was sitting dangerously low. Fuck. 

Feeling like I was invading his privacy, I quickly turned on my heel to walk towards the bedroom door. The buckle of my boot got caught in one of the rug's tassels, sending me headfirst to the floor. I let out a low yelp, feeling the impact of having my foot pulled back. I could hear Nico's thuds, trying to reach me. You know how in those romantic movies or novels, the man catches the damsel in his arms, before she falls on the floor, scooping her up to safety? Yeah... That didn't happen. 

I braced myself for the fall with my hands, thinking I could prevent the impact to my head. However, I was unaware just how close I was to the door that sat opened ajar. My forehead collided with the door's edge and I hiss at the warmly aching sensation. 

"Oh, shit!" I heard Nico's voice as he stood over me. I groaned, turning over onto my back. I opened my eyes, meeting his as I noticed him grinning. 

"See, I've already got you falling for me." He chuckled proudly. 

"You did not just use that disastrous pickup line," I said incredulously, raising my brows in reaction. 

"I couldn't let the opportunity pass, it was right in front of me baring its perky ass." 

I stopped shifting to get up, narrowing my eyes to him. What... That's when I clicked that I was in a dress. Fuck this shit! This is why I don't wear dresses and I am pretty sure the universe is fucking with me, thinking that I could. I closed my eyes, sighing deeply, before opening them again. His hand was now outstretched to assist me in getting up. I swatted his hand away, making my way to my feet independently. 

"That needs to get cleaned up. Come." He pointed at my forehead before motioning to follow him. Instinctively, I lifted my fingers to my forehead, feeling the wet section before pulling back and seeing the redness on them. 

"It's fine. I will clean it myself when I get home." I wanted to walk away but he reached me quicker, grabbing a hold of my wrist. 

"No, you are not. You cannot drive with that bleeding down your face. Now come, I have the first aid kit in the bathroom." He spoke sternly to me.

"Nico, I said it's alright. I feel fine and I will dab it with a tissue until I get home." I tried pulling back but his grip tightened, his face now scowling. 

"I wasn't giving you an option, Sierra. Bathroom. Now!!" He growled at me. 

I was about to let rip into him when I felt a sharp pain in the middle of my head. I placed my hand on my forehead, careful not to touch the wound, and pressed lightly.