Chapter 16✔️

Emoji Chapter:🤺Fight/➕Added Scenes/Chapter

Same Night: Pym's House
Inside: Dining Room ⌨️🕊

It's nighttime, AJ is sitting in the dining room of Pym's house, writing in a notebook on the table, Amy sitting beside her on her right, writing in her wedding plans book.

Their both silent for a minute or two before Amy's phone pings as she got a text on the table to her right, Amy picks up her phone and checks it.

AJ glances over to Amy and asks, "Is it from lover boy?" She's referring to Steve Rogers, Amy's fiancé.

Amy locks her phone and puts it back down on the table as she answers AJ, "Steve is texting me goodnight-" She looks up and sees Scott walk in the room, looking at AJ, she glances between them and comes up with a excuse as she stands up, closing her binder and grabs it then her phone, "-and I'm beat, so I'm gonna go to bed."

AJ looks up to Amy and nods, "Okay, goodnight." She glances and sees Scott standing in the doorway.

Amy tells AJ as she walks around the table, "Goodnight." She walks over to Scott and tells him, "Goodnight, Scott."

Scott smiles a bit, nodding politely to Amy as he steps to his right to let her leave the room, "Goodnight, Miss. Stark."

Amy stops at the doorway and looks at Scott, she says politely, "Please, call me Amy."

Scott nods, "Amy. Okay." Amy smiles and nods, Scott smiles a bit back before Amy walks away, leaving the room and the two alone.

Scott watches Amy leave before looking at AJ who's looking down and writing in her book, he silently takes a breath before he walks over to AJ and sits down beside her on Amy's previous chair, he looks at AJ and asks her straight up, "So, who are you really?"

AJ stops writing and sighs in irritation, asking lightly as she looks at Scott, "How many times are you gonna ask me that?"

Scott responds with his eyebrows up a bit, "Until I know who you really are."

AJ looks at Scott in disbelief and he just innocently smiles at her, AJ sighs and mumbles, "Okay." She speaks louder, looking down and fiddles with the pen in her hand, "Well, I'm a former agent of SHIELD and before that I was in the military."

Scott looks at AJ, amazed, "Wow. So, you got skill?"

AJ scoffs a chuckle and nods her head in agreement, "I got skill."

Scott asks a little tensely and tries to play it off casually, AJ doesn't notice his tone, "So, what else? Married? Boyfriend?"

AJ shakes her head, "No boyfriend, never married. I have a son and his dad was an agent of SHIELD as well."

Scott questions confused, "Was?"

AJ looks at Scott and answers lowly, "He died." Scott looks at her surprised, AJ looks down and explains, "I was pregnant with my son when I heard the news of his death and give birth the next day."

Scott looking a bit speechless, "Whoa. I'm sorry. How did he..." He trails off in question.

AJ understands the question and answers Scott as she looks down with tears forming in her eyes, "The plane—he was on, crashed. He and the crew didn't make it." AJ wipes a tear from her eyes.

Scott softly pulls AJ into a hug, she hugs back, he tells her as he rubs her back softly, "I'm so sorry." He pulls away and looks at her as he asks, "Have you been with anyone else since he.." He trails off again in question.

AJ shrugs, not looking at Scott as she tells him, "A few guys here and there, nothing serious." Scott tilts his head tensely and she looks at the time at the clock in the room, she tells him, "You should really get some sleep, Ant-Man. Tomorrow's a big day."