Chapter 12✔️

Emoji Chapter:➕Added Scenes/Chapter

Same Night: Police Station
Inside: Interrogation Room 🕊

Hank just left the room, leaving AJ and Scott alone. Scott snaps out of thought and looks at AJ with a hard look, "You lied to me."

AJ tells Scott quietly and semi-apologetically, "I had to, Scott. That's what I do."

Scott looks at AJ confused, "What?"

AJ doesn't go in explaining or detailed, she just advises Scott and tells him simply, "Everything will be explained, trust me. But my advice to you is 'make the right decision'." AJ stands up and leaves the room without another word and the ants on the cameras leave.

~
Camera Screen

The darkness that the ants provided on the camera lenses to darken the interrogation room, clears up to reveal Scott sitting alone in the room as he sits dumbstruck as what he learned and realized in the last few minutes.

~
Inside: Maggie's House
Cassie's Bedroom

Cassie has a good set of toys in her room, she has a little table set with a couple of toy bears on the chairs with tea pot set on the table for a tea party.

Cassie is laying in bed, looking up to her left at her mother, Maggie who is sitting on the side of her bed as she's tucking Cassie into bed.

An automatic voice from the ugly rabbit says, "You're my bestest friend!"

Maggie asks Cassie, referring to the ugly rabbit toy that Scott gave her as a birthday present when he came to see her since coming out of prison, "Are you sure you don't want a different toy?"

Cassie holding the ugly rabbit close to her chest, "No, I love this one."

Maggie tells Cassie, "Okay. Well, get some sleep. I love you." Maggie leans down and kisses Cassie on her head.

Cassie grabs Maggie's attention back as she goes to stand up with the story book in hand as she just read her a story, "Mommy?"

Maggie turns back to face Cassie, "Hmm?"

Cassie asks Maggie sadly and curiously, "Is Daddy a bad man? I heard some grownups say he's bad."

Maggie narrows her eyes a bit and tells Cassie, "No. Daddy just gets confused sometimes, you know?" Cassie nods as she looks at her mother.

~
Police Station
Inside: Scott's Cell

Scott is back in his cell, he's sitting on the bench, leaning forward with his left forearm resting on his thigh, his right elbow on his thigh with his hand on his head, he's thinking over what happened and what he just learned.

Scott doesn't notice a flying ant, flying over to his cell and lands on a rail on the bars, as he moves his right hand to cover his mouth in thought.

Another ant walking towards the middle of the cell floor and Scott notices it and narrows his eyes as a couple more ants join that one, Scott puts his hand down and looks closer to see 3 ants brings and puts down the suit that's tiny. One of the ants presses the left button and the suit enlarges, making Scott flinch and stare at it in surprise.

~
Hallway

The male detective from earlier is slowly but casually walking in the cell area of the station, the buzzers sound beeps and a bar-gate opens in front of the detective to let him through.

~
Inside: Scott's Cell

Scott hears the gate open and looks in that direction, even though he can't see and looks back down to see a group of ants form into a count down '10' they change to '9', Scott's face hardens on determination and quickly stands up.