Chapter 6✔️

Emoji Chapter:➕Added Scenes/➖Short Chapter

Same Day: House
Outside: Porch Steps 🕊

Scott and AJ are walking up a driveway to the porch as it's Scott's daughter's birthday and he's going to see her at her birthday party, he asked AJ to go with him as they have gotten a bit close as friends since he came out of prison.

Scott tells AJ as they walk up the porch steps, "Thank you for coming with me."

AJ shakes her head a bit as she waves it off with a smile, "Oh, it's no problem. I like kids, I have a son."

Scott looks at AJ surprised as he's still getting to know her, he asks interested, "Oh, what's his name and how old is he?"

AJ smiles as she answers, "His name is Ethan and he's 8 years old." They reach the top of the stairs.

Scott raises his eyebrows impressed, "Just a few years older then Cassie." They steps towards the door and Scott open it.

~
Inside: House
Front Entrance 🕊

Scott opens the door and enters the house first with AJ following, the birthday party is in full swing, music playing and kids running around, shouting.

Scott stops and stumbles at the door, making AJ stop as he sees a few kids run past him. Scott steps forward and AJ follows as she closes the door and looks around.

A little girl in a tiara, runs down the hall towards Scott as she shouts happily, "Daddy!" Her name is Cassie Lang, Scott's daughter and the birthday girl.

Scott kneels down as he shouts happily, "Peanut!" He catches her in his arms, hugging her tightly, "Oh!" He tells her as AJ stands behind Scott with her thumbs through the loopholes of her jeans, smiling softly as she sees a father and daughter interaction, "Happy birthday!" He pulls away and holds Cassie by the waist, telling her apologetically, "I'm so sorry I'm late. I didn't know what time your party started."

Cassie tells Scott, "It was on the invitation."

A man walks in the room, interrupting them as he tells Cassie in fake enthusiasm, "He didn't get an invitation." He stops beside them on Scott's left, "But he came anyway!" He looks up to see AJ standing behind Scott and says in the same tone, "And with a woman friend."

Scott stands up, disappointed of being interrupted and admittedly being not invited but says as he looks down at his daughter, "Well, I'm not going to miss my little girl's birthday party." He looks at AJ and points to her with his right thumb behind him on his right, "And this is Alex. My new friend. But, just friends though."

Cassie smiles up at AJ, "Hi Alex, I'm Cassie."

AJ smiles big as she looks at Cassie, "It's nice to meet you, Cassie."

Cassie looks at Scott and tells him as she starts to turn around, "I'm gonna go tell mommy you're here."

Scott quickly starts to say, "Oh, you don't-" Cassie's already running off.

The man tilts his head and looks at Scott, asking lowly to not cause a scene as he stands close, "What are you doing here, Lang? You haven't paid a dime in child support. You know, right now if I wanted to, I could arrest you."

Scott blankly looks at the man and says sarcastically, "It's good to see you too, Paxton."

Cassie runs back over to them as she tells Scott, "Mommy's so happy you're here, she choked on her drink." She stops in front of Scott and giggles.

Scott rolls his head as he nods with his lips in a straight line as in 'great' manner. AJ bites her lip to keep herself from laughing. Scott looks down at Cassie and tells her, "Hey, look what I have for you." He hands her the small bag, he'd brought with him.