CHAPTER 28

HOORAIN'S POV:

I don't know why everyone is acting so strange today. Mami, Mamu, and Sheroze had to go to figure some work out way too early in the morning out of nowhere. Ammi is busy literally preparing a feast today, like if there is some party today, and on top of it, I am in a terrible mood because of the past day's events. It has got me all gloomy. I even tried to call Anum several times because I was missing her, and it had been so long since I last talked to her but much to my irritation, her phone was switched off. I will call her again later.

"So Ammi, what's with all the food today? And when will Mami be back?''I asked Amma with a curiosity that had me bugging.

"You wanna know about when Mami is coming back or Sheroze,'' Ammi said in a teasing tone emphasizing on Shehroz. I groaned, trying to hide my smile.

"Ammi, tell me, naa.''I insisted.

"We are having someone at our house in the evening, so that's what all the food is about and about Mami, I have no idea when they will be back,'' Amma told me while moving to the living room after kneading the baking dough.

I just nodded at sat beside Amma, scrolling through my phone while Ammas was watching some cooking show."Amma, I am missing Anum so much.''I said to her feeling sad.''So did you called?''She asked.

"Yeah, her phone is switched off.''I sighed and laid in her lap. A minute later bell rang, and I looked at Amma, asking if we were expecting someone, but she just shrugged, so I went to open the door, and to say I was shocked would be an understatement. My whole jaw was hitting the floor, and many emotions were swirling through me.

Amma shouted from inside, asking me whos on the door, but I couldn't utter a word because there in front of me was standing my very own best friend Anum. She stood there with a large grin on her face, and as soon as I recovered from the shock, I lunged at her.

"Anummmm.''I literally squeezed the life out of her, and she returned my hug laughing."Hoor, stop your squeezing me way too hard.''She mumbled during my hug, and I let her go and took a step back.

''How?...When?... You. I mean, wow.''I asked her in one breath because seeing her here was overwhelming for me."Wait, Hoor, calm down, take a breath but lemme get in first?''She asked, and I nodded and took her to the living room.

"Assalam O Alaikum Aunty, How are you?''Anum greeted Amma and hugged her while she replied and hugged her back, but I noticed that Amma was not looking shocked. Did she already know about her coming to the UK? I thought.

"Why are you not shocked Amma, Did you by any chance knew that she was coming here?''I asked her with my eyebrows raised. They both looked at each other and laughed, nodding, and again, I was there with my mouth open.

"How? But ..Ohhh, that's why you asked me to call her cause you knew her phone would be off.''I stated, and She nodded, smiling.

I faced Anum now,'' Tell me, how are you suddenly here? Not that I don't want you here I am elated that you are here that I wanna dance and cry at the same time, but at the same time, I am curious about how suddenly you are here, and you didn't even tell me, and you are here all by your own and woah Did you flew here all by your own and...''My ranting was cut short by Anum.

"Woah Woah Hoor, calms down, I'll tell you, and no, I did flew all by myself. The pilot was there for that.''She joked. I deadpanned my face,'' Haha...Now hurry up details, please.''I insisted.

Anum started,'' So my Khala was coming to the UK to have this Doctor,s International Conference and I was free and was missing you so I tried asking if I could go with her, and I was allowed so yups here am I... Tadaa.''She explained.