Chapter 24

"So Shazia I wanted to ask hoorain hand for my Bilal." Nina aunty said while looking hopefully at Amma. I was standing there shocked with my mouth open. I was so confused and speechless. Amma also looked shocked," See Nina I would love to accept this as Bilal is quite a good boy but I can't just confirm the decision without asking Hoor about what she thinks about this all."

"Yeah you're right Shazia I understand. Hoor there is no pressure you can take all the time you want and then you can give your answer." Aunty said to me whereas I just nodded and looked at Bilal he was just sitting looking at me. I kinda got annoyed by the fact that when I cleared to Bilal that he is just my friend then why did he do such a thing?

"Umm aunty and ammi can I talk to Bilal alone?" I asked both." Yeah sure beta you can go in the garden." Aunty permissioned.

I nodded at Bilal and he followed me outside. Just as we were out I turned to Bilal and looked at him." Hoor? Please I'm sorry if you didn't like my proposal but I really like you." He said with sincerity.

"See Bilal I know you're an amazing person but it's just that I don't think about you like a person I wanna marry, you're a great friend but I'm sorry I don't wanna hurt you," I said to him while looking at him and he really looked like he was heartbroken.

" You like him! Don't you? Bilal said. I was confused and looked at him clueless." Who are you walking about? I don't get it." I asked him quizzically.

" I'm talking about Sheroze, you like him." He exclaimed. I froze and looked at him wide-eyed," Uhh umm what are you talking about ?" I averted my eyes looking at the ground. Wow the grass looks so fresh.

" Hoor I can see it in your eyes the way you look at him. You are always looking for him when he is not around. When you're talking to me you manage to get him between the topic. You talk about him so much and with that admiring look on your face."

I sighed at his words.

" Why does it matter anyway Bilal. He doesn't think about me more than his annoying cousin." I said in a small voice." Well, that's what you think. And I just hope you will get a good life ahead you're a really humble girl." I said with a sad smile on his face. I felt really bad for him," I'm sorry Bilal."

" No need to Hoor, And don't think that he don't like you. I have seen the way he was getting jealous when you were talking to me.''

''Really?'' I asked with hope."But what will we say to your parents?''I asked him.

''Uhh you don't worry about that ill manage.''He replied assuringly.''Go get your Shazzy  boy.''I gave him a weak smile and we both went inside.

Elders looked at us and seeing my weak smile mum nodded because she somehow knew what I said to him. we excused ourselves from their and amma told aunty that shell call her.

As soon as we sat in car Amma asked me,'' So what happened.''

"I don't know Amma, I don't wanna marry Bilal. He is a good person and is good looking too but..''

''But he is not Sheroze?''Amma asked with eyebrows raised and a faintest smile.

"Uhh. Umm ..How.." I stuttered embarrassed.''Beta I'm your mother I know what you are feeling and how you both have started to react around each other.''

''I don't know Amma!! How this all happened.''I exclaimed."I understand.''

''But Mom it doesn't matter, I am sure he only thinks of me as an annoying cousin.''She smiled knowingly. She patted my head and said,'' We will see about it.' and I looked at her confused.

In the midst of my thinking, car came at halt. We both went in and found mami and mama in the living room watching some Pakistani drama. They both looked at us and mami looked at me questionably like what happened of way. I just shrugged and went up.

As I was about to go in my room, a soft voice called my name I know who it is but I don't really have the courage to face him right now Especially when I don't know what I actually want or when I know he doesn't reciprocate a bit of what im feeling.

He called again,'' Hoor?'' I put myself together and turned around and give him a bright smile showing him I was happy.''Yes, Shazzy?''I looked at him. He was looking at me with a look that I can't decipher."What happened there? Like why did you go there?''He asked with a straight face."Oh, you don't know? I thought mami had told you about it.''I pretended to be cheerful."About what Hoor?''He persisted.

''Oh nothing just that Bilal asked my hand for marriage.''As I said I swear I saw his face fell but it was only for a second and he regained himself and said,'' Oh? S..so What did you say?''

''I didn't expect that but Bilal is a good person, good looking and he likes me too.''I said to him and he has this stone-faced and was looking at me,'' So you going to umm say yes?''He asked without any emotions.

"I don't know, maybe I will? I don't have any reason to say no to him. Do I Sheroze?''I asked him while looking at him in the eye. He didn't reply anything and just kept on looking at me. We both kept our eye contact and I could feel shivers running down my back just by sensing the intensity of it.

He broke the eye contact and without saying any word went downstairs leaving me thinking why the hell I said that to him when I clearly told Bilal that I don't wanna marry him. Cause you wanna make him jealous and you want to marry him, maybe that's why? I shook my head and ignoring this voice inside my head and went inside my room. I freshened up and I don't know why I can't think about anything except Sheroze.

_______________________________________________________________________

Assalam O Alaikum!!
I know I know too late update but better late than never right? Now that I'm free nowadays I'll try to update as soon as possible. And sadly this book is almost at the end.
Comment and like will means a lot to me 🌸
Love you all ❤