chapter 23

I haven't seen Sheroze from the talk we had last night. Half of the day passed in a blur and its evening and im ready downstairs waiting for Amma to come out. We are going to Bilal's house.

"Amma hurry up bhuii! We are gonna be late. they invited us for lunch, not dinner." I shouted.

I was ready before amma and I myself am shocked about it. Im wearing a tea pink dress with embroidery done on the front and the best part of the suit is its dupatta I just love it. I opened my mouth to call for amma again.

"Ummm .."

and those words were left in my throat as Shazzy came walking in from the front, oblivious to me standing here. He raked his hands through his hair making it look messier and he was wearing a jacket with simple white tees but he always look good whatever he is wearing I mean he doesn't look good. Slip of tongue? 

Shazzy looked up and when he saw me, He halted in his steps and was weirdly looking at me. I looked down at myself if I was looking good. He blinked twice and cleared his throat and looked at me scratching his neck.

"Uhh ...Umm ... you look good." he gave me a sheepish smile.

"Oh.." I blushed and looked away.

"I complimented you and all you have to say is oh?" He had a small smile on his face.

"no .. hmm. I thought I wasn't looking good and you complimented me and I was like woah I mean you were not supposed to compliment me cause you never so and... "I stopped realising I was rambling and I looked at shazzy and he had amused look on his face.

"Thank You." I huffed.

"That wasn't so hard now was it?" Shazzy laughed and winked.

God, why did I felt this fluttery feeling when he winked. I must be having some problems. Amma walked in with a small purse in her hand looking beautiful.

"Woah Amma you take too much time." 

"Hush! A woman needs her time to get ready." she shrugged.

" Who said? I don't !!"

"Who said you're a woman ?" shazzy butted in with his annoying self. I glared him so hard and he was trying to control his laugh and ended up laughing and muttered "cute".

I looked at him like he has grown two heads cause Sheroze never like calls me cute. I think he realised what he said cause he froze and looked at amma smiling awkwardly who had an amusing face on like she was having the best time of her life.

"uhh umm I gotta work to do... ALLAH HAFIZ." with that he ran up and amma looked at me with her eyebrows raised and I just shrugged.

"Yallah let's go or we will be late. They must be waiting for us." Amma exclaimed.

I muttered " Hah! Look who is talking."  On which Amma gave me a playful glare.

We got in the car and drove towards their house, reached there not after so long.

Their house is beautiful from the outside. They are quite loaded from what it looks like. I rung the bell and waited, I looked at Amma and she was looking quite giddy for she was gonna meet her bestie.

A girl around 16 opened the door and greeted us with a warm smile, said her salaam and ushered us in. She introduced us as Bilal's sister and I was confused because she wasn't around earlier and Bilal never mentioned he has One.

" I'm Maheen." And she was a bubbly girl. We got in and there was aunty in the kitchen and uncle was watching some news channel. When they realised it's us they greeted us.