Chapter 5 - Cream

Começar do início

Elena passed me another cider. Taking a long swig of it, I began dancing with her. I swayed my hips from side to side until I felt strong hands grip them, a hot breath on the side of my face. 

"Hey, Sexy..." 

Simon. After the night I just had with the teasing and provoking, I decided to leave him be. Upon realizing I wasn't going to push him away, he buried his head in the crook of my neck, leaving light kisses. I looked up to two pairs of eyes, both in complete contrast. Elena's were wide, amused and intrigued. She gave me a knowing look, before lifting her hand and waving a discreet goodbye. As she left, my eyes met his... Nico. His were not as amused. His eyes were more vexed and irked with a displeased look. It didn't take long before he turned away, lighting another cigarette and continued his conversation with a man beside him. 

Simon wrapped an arm around my torso, pulling me harder against his chest. I could feel his partial arousal against my ass which snapped me back properly. I know for a fact this boy will go willingly with me. But I couldn't do this. I work with him every weekend and I am not prepared to have those weekends filled with awkwardness or expectations. I pushed myself off him, turning to a perplexed and intoxicated Simon. 

"Simon, I am so sorry but I can't do this. Please, drop it." 

With that, I turned and left. I was done with socializing for one night. I walked back up to the house on my own, taking another sip of my cider. I rolled up my pants and decided to sit at the edge of the pool, my legs in the water. I could hear the faint beats of the music, but the waves crashing against the rocks below were louder. It was soothing and I simply relished in the smell of the ocean, the calmness of the night and the contrasting restlessness of the sea. I finished off my cider, placing the empty bottle beside me then leaned back with my palms on the floor behind me. 

"You decided that being antisocial was a better option?" His husky voice enunciated. 

I didn't turn my head, I knew who it was. If it wasn't by the sound of him, it was definitely by that essence her carried. He had a sultry and heady wood smell, mixed with tonka bean, patchouli, blonde leather, and juniper berry scents. I had my suspicions about the cologne he was wearing but I wasn't certain. 

"Something like that," I spoke softly, still looking into the neverending midnight sky.

"Not your kind of scene or music?" He came and stood in front of me, leaning his forearms on the railing.  

"That obvious?" 

"When you want to let people see you, you are easy to read." He hit the nail on the head. I've known him a couple of weeks and he somehow has already seen my traits. He has already noticed that people see what I want them to see. 

The song changed on the beach dance area, causing an elated scream to echo into the night. 

"For fucks sake, thank God our parents our away." He rubbed his fingers on his temples.

"Is she always like this?" I turned to look at him for the first time since he arrived. 

"Yup. All-day, every day." He turned his body, crossing his arms and leaning back against the railing. 

"Where on earth does your sister get all that energy from?" I shook my head, thinking about Elena. 

"That is a question nobody in this family has been able to figure out." He spoke candidly.

"She is like a fucking energizer bunny," I remarked.

"Yeah, that never fucking dies out." He finished off causing me to titter, resulting in a slight yawn.