Chapter 3

Right there on the floor was a generic laser pointer that could be bought almost anywhere that there was a mall.

Eliza glanced at the security camera quickly and went over to the corner under it. It wouldn’t be able to view her so easily. She took out an extension cord of her phone and looked for the place to put the other end in. Most cameras usually had it.

She copied the security footage for the past six hours and saved it into her phone. It was lucky that the streets weren’t very busy and she was the only customer in the second floor right now.

Eliza looked at her watch and cussed under her breath. She had already been out for half an hour and she had to get back to the hotel. Call time was in less than an hour and she had to run back and transfer the file to her laptop before leaving. She didn’t want any information on her phone in case it got stolen or lost.

She stepped on the edge of the balcony fence and reached her hands above her head to hoist herself onto the roof of that.

It was a much more difficult task rooftop jumping when it was traveling up. She had to use her arm strength and balance due to the many times she could have fallen to her death. Somehow, she had done this so many times, finding places to grab hold of came naturally. It was no problem either to hoist her weight as she swung her legs to get more momentum.

The buildings that were several stories higher, she would break into the building and use the stairs, avoiding cameras as she went along. It would be too conspicuous to scale a building in broad daylight when someone might catch her.

It took her a fairly long time to get back to the hotel. By then, she was in no mood to head over to the roof, so she just leapt into one of the balconies. To her luck, there was either no guest in it, or the guest wasn’t in the room. She managed to go through the room and headed up the elevator to her floor without any worries.

She just hoped the security team wasn’t watching her closely, or they would realize that she had never even entered the room through the door at all.

Once she got to the room, she removed her gloves and plugged in the phone to her laptop, transferring all the video files to watch them span of time.

She skimmed through the videos and found the approximate time when the boys Liam, Niall and Josh had been out.

She couldn’t see the face of the person, since the hood of the jacket was up, but it was just the laser pointer was definitely used. There didn’t seem to be a gun. It looked like whoever this was, the person was just messing around, trying to make an issue out of nothing.

Eliza grit her teeth in annoyance. She could breathe easier, knowing that not an actual gun had been pointed, but she didn’t like the idea of wasting her time and effort for things like this at every moment it happened.

She also vaguely wondered if the person was only doing it to assert the threat and possible perform worse actions later.

Eliza kept watching the video until the person left. The hood was kept down at all times, and the head was bent toward the floor, so she couldn’t even zoom in and clear up a visual image of the person.