Chapter 14

Sorry! This slipped my mind! Hope you're all doing great! Don't forget to vote and comment! It'll be easier to get updates if you follow! :) Thanks! I'll be uploading one hopefully by next week!

~

It wasn’t only the boys who were getting physically and emotionally exhausted. Even Eliza was human. She couldn’t sleep, since she was trying to stay awake all hours of the day. She preferred not taking coffee, since it messed up with her reticular formation. But she was tired though.

She always had her eyes on the tracker these days, making sure that the boys were not more than a hundred feet away from her. She wanted to be within running distance to everyone. She kept them on a tight radius.

They didn’t like it, and they didn’t know who implemented it, but Paul had kept the security tighter.

Every time they complained, Paul would only bring up Louis again, and they would shut up. Louis wasn’t having a good time being the example either. To him, it was his fault that tighter security was being implemented, and he couldn’t even complain or bite back anymore. There was actual reason this time. Someone was out to hurt them.

They spent their time on fan mail instead.

They were around a table, opening letters and packages. They weren’t planning on going anywhere, so they were basically stuck with their phones, laptops and a television. That was pretty much it. At one point, things became boring. Fan letters were more entertaining for them.

It was one of the few times that Eliza could keep from worrying because she had all the boys in her view. Any minute and she might just fall asleep. They would most likely end up with funny camera photos with her asleep, but she didn’t really care. She needed to get some rest.

She did fall asleep, but she didn’t know for how long.

She woke up to Niall having difficulty breathing. Louis was jostling her awake, looking worried.

“Amy knows what to do with that kind of stuff. Tell them, Aims.” It was like Louis was on the verge of crying if she said that she couldn’t fix it. “She fixed me up. What’s happening Aims?”

She recognized the symptoms.

And then, Niall threw up.

“What did he ingest?” she said quickly, going toward Niall. She was wide-awake now.

“What?” a lot of people said, getting nervous at how focused she was.

“What did he fucking put in his mouth?” she said, turning sharply at the boys. They were together when they were opening the fan mail. There was something sent. Niall must have found something there.

“He…he was looking at something. He said he didn’t recognize it and it was a candy or something,” Liam said, shaking. “Niall just stuffs anything that’s food. What happened?”

“Call the local doctor in the hotel. If there’s none, call the nearest hospital. He’s poisoned,” Eliza said. “Open your mouth, Niall.”

Niall followed. Eliza reached in and removed any remains of whatever candy he had just put in his mouth. He didn’t get to eat everything.

She was taking note of his breathing. He barely was. His eyes were drooping.

“Oh no, you’re not getting away that easy,” Eliza said. She opened his mouth and bent down to put her lips over his.

Everyone in the room just seemed to pause to watch, wondering why Amy just suddenly decided to kiss Niall when he was poisoned. But then, she got back up and put her ear to his mouth. Her hands were at his throat, as if she was checking for something.

Oh. She was administering CPR, or something like it.

“What the hell are you all looking around for? Call someone. Do something useful,” she said, not even looking up from what she was doing.

“Don’t you just do that when someone’s drowning?” Zayn asked. He couldn’t help it. He was curious.

“It’s rescue breathing. Niall wasn’t breathing anymore.” Every five seconds, she gave another breath. His chest still wasn’t rising. Niall’s eyes were fully closed. She swore as she continued.

Niall’s chest started to move. He was starting to breathe on his own again. Eliza slumped down on the sofa and wiped her mouth.

It wasn’t a poison that was potent enough to kill. It was just a scare again. She still needed to know what substance it was.

What was the motive?

It was like they were sending a message. None of them were safe, not even when they tried hiding them inside with high security.

This was driving her crazy. There clearly was no motive. This was just a scare. There was nothing to gain. They were just causing havoc and paranoia. With her other clients, there was a clear motive. There were enemies with reasons. There were leads. This was just…this just seemed like a random prank that had gone wrong, and they were using five guys to pick on.

“We can get him in a car and on the way to the hospital. Out the back so there are not as much cameras,” Paul said, looking like the only calm one in the room. The others had freaked out. The boys were all standing and looking like Niall was about to die or something.

“Will Niall be fine?” Harry asked, clearly upset.

“You understand the tighter security now?” she said, feeling her tiredness again. She waited for them to nod and respond first before she added, “Niall will be fine. We can take him to the hospital and they can drain him, I guess, is the best term. It’ll be like sucking venom out of his body.”

“Can we come?” Zayn asked, stepping forward.

“Not advisable. Whoever sent this to Niall is probably the same person who attacked Louis.” She glanced at one of the envelopes next to Niall. There was no return address. There was no handwriting. It was typed again. She guessed that this was it, since there were three other pieces of candy inside.

There were two other wrappers open though.

“I don’t understand. Did he eat just one?”

“No. He had two and he liked it. It was the third one that I think had him starting to react,” said Zayn, who was the one next to Niall. She had to give him credit for being more observant than she thought.

She pocketed the envelope. “I’ll be taking it with me to the hospital if you don’t mind. They might be able to identify the substance.”

“Sure. It’s not like we’ll be going anywhere near it,” Louis said, in an attempt to lighten the mood. None of them even protested that they couldn’t go with Niall.

“I guess you can just call his parents or something. Tell them he’ll be okay,” Eliza said, helping Paul lift Niall up for the wheelchair.

“Could he have died, Amy?” Liam asked. All of them looked grim.

Eliza didn’t answer. She didn’t know. “Maybe if you didn’t wake me up in time, or if you just thought that it was something he ate.”

“I told you she would know what to do,” Louis said.

“No, I don’t,” she said, trying to hide the fact that she seemed to know poisoning just with a look at a person. They were probably even wondering why she didn’t even hesitate to help Niall with rescue breathing. She didn’t even flinch. It wasn’t kissing to her. It was saving someone’s life. She was just used to being in situations of panic. She was used to crisis aversion. Eliza knew that as long as she stayed focused and not get the nerves get the best of her, she could be able to take control of the situation. “I was just thinking straight to have the common sense to call the hospital.”

She followed the wheelchair out.

Before she got out though, she heard Louis’ voice echoing through the room. “I told you. She’s not what she seems.”