Chapter 11

Sorry haven't update this in quite a while. I've been busy with a lot of things. It'd be great if you guys read The Art of Fame, an original story of mine :) Just check it out and if you don't like it, then you don't have to keep reading it. 

Anyway, don't forget to vote, comment and follow (since that's the thing now)! Sorry if I don't get to reply to the comments either. My feed is faulty and I don't get to see the comments. 

Enjoy!

~

“I’ve got the dressing room set for the boys,” Eliza said into the headset, peering into the door and looking at the tiny white room with a couch and a few mirrors. There was a hallway full of doors backstage, with some for other artists. The rooms looked exactly alike. These were for the more known artists that were presenting or performing for the awards show. “I’m sure they’ll fit, and it’s not like they have a choice.”

Paul repeated what she just said and Zayn got onto the other end and said, “We heard that and I can’t believe you just thought that we would be diva-ish like that.”

Eliza ignored it as she looked inside the room to see if it didn’t have bombs or traps or whatever. Maybe there was a girl who was just waiting to explode. She didn’t know. It was tedious, this sort of check, but it was required.

She was currently alone. She was the representative that went earlier ahead of the boys, to settle things, like noting down time schedules, or being briefed so that the reps could disclose it to their own artists or clients. Some of the actual celebrities sometimes showed up, but the bands were hardly present.

There really wasn’t much to do but wait. The band wasn’t arriving in about an hour, since that would be when their sound check would be. Eliza could keep her guard down a bit, since she knew the boys would be heavily guarded, especially with the Louis incident. The boys didn’t even complain at this point, since they were scared shitless by how Louis told the story.

“Dannyboy, is that you?” someone from behind Eliza said.

The voice sounded extremely familiar. There were only five people in the world that called her that, and coincidentally, they were also part of a boy band.

“Tommy?” Eliza said, turning around in disbelief. She didn’t really think that this could happen. Never in her scenarios included her seeing her old clients, and she never did see any of her old clients again after she had her contract expire or when she was finished with the job that she was assigned to do. Even when the clients wanted to extend their contracts with her, she never did. She was used to keeping a move on. Being stuck in a situation just didn’t hold her attention enough, although she had met some clients that she got on with really well and genuinely did like.

The Wanted was one of them.

Their management had hired her to be part of their security team when they toured once. She was happy to do it since she had just come from a really stressful, high-risk job and she needed something a bit chiller to do.

Her name then was Daniel O’Sullivan, from Dublin.

She got close to The Wanted boys quite easily. Of course, she switched contact details after her contract expired with them, but it was one of the most enjoyable jobs she had so far.

It was Jay who gave her the Dannyboy nickname, since they got on with her so much that they sometimes forgot that she was female.

“We tried ringing you, but it looked like you changed your number!” Tom said, bouncing toward her and giving her a hug. This was strange and weirdly nice for Eliza. “What are you doing here?”